Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
But Tim, this window is dependable.

It has been a great window. We just got the vast majority of our business done early.

It's disappointing that we've come to the last day with a rush for a striker, but I've given my reasons for why that could well be.

So chill out.

It's weird lads, really weird.

Saying you were convinced you had things under control the whole time but sadly it all fell apart at the end doesn't cut it in other walks of life.

BwhsBiDCIAEId-G

lolNever seen that before.

Holy [Poor language removed]. My mom came into my room to bring me a plate of chicken nuggets and I literally screamed at her and hit the plate of chicken nuggets out of her hand. She started yelling and swearing at me and I slammed the door on her. I’m so distressed right now I don’t know what to do. I didn’t mean to do that to my mom but I’m literally in shock from the lack of results today. I feel like I’m going to explode. Why the [Poor language removed] [Poor language removed] aren't we doing anything? This can’t be happening. I’m having a [Poor language removed] breakdown. I don’t want to believe that bill is so incompetent. I want a future to believe in. I wanted to land costa and fix this broken team. I cannot [Poor language removed] deal with this right now. It wasn’t supposed to be like this, I thought a striker would've been here by now???? This is so [Poor language removed].

Millennials :(

Not feeling great about the future of my pension just now...

Remember the absolute conniptions on here when we were linked to Johnny Evans under Martinez? But I guess now that Dubai wants to splooge out 30m for him we when would have paid 6-8m now means he must have been decent after all.

Lets all see if we can't learn something from this
No!
K5WMi8u.gif

Robinho - statement signing from the current owners just as they bought the club off Shinawatra. Finished 10th that season, made it to 5th the season after having spent an absolute stack of money (there was only a top 4 back then remember)
Zola - 7 years at Chelsea before Russian money arrived. Again, a solitary statement of intent by Bates having just made a fortune from buying the Stamford Bridge freehold back.
Petit - Brilliant. Developed into what he became alongside Vieira, barely known outside of French football prior to joining Arsenal.

Three poor examples to argue your point there

They were off the top of my head. More to the point the examples given were that of making a statement signing. A statement signing where other 'same calibre level ' footballers would follow into the club.

I see no statement signing here. Again, we are yet to make a signing we couldn't of made had Kenwright still been the majority shareholder.

That's the truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back