Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You can get quite tetchy sometimes can’t you.

Zouma can react and get to the ball sooner than Keane can. You can discuss semantics about who is quicker / faster as much as you want.
Agreed about Zouma vs. Keane. Its not semantics, though. Quickness and speed are different things. As is agility, pace, and acceleration. For a CB, as Nymzee has already stated, agility and acceleration are more helpful than pace. I would add that positioning and anticipation are even more important.

Agreed about Zouma vs. Keane. Its not semantics, though. Quickness and speed are different things. As is agility, pace, and acceleration. For a CB, as Nymzee has already stated, agility and acceleration are more helpful than pace. I would add that positioning and anticipation are even more important.
It is semantics though, because you're literally the only person using top speed in mph as the metric. Everyone else is talking about pace in the way that all football fans talk about pace, the ability to regularly cover ground quickly on a football pitch, and accelerate. Also you might want to check where Zouma is in those Mirror stats you're so fond of (spoiler - it's a lot higher than Keane).

I believe we need to sign a quick centre half to play alongside Keane or Mina, and allow them to be the dominant, aggressive partner. This would be one of the key signings of the sumer for me, and I believe we would struggle without someone to fulfil the role.

It is semantics though, because you're literally the only person using top speed in mph as the metric. Everyone else is talking about pace in the way that all football fans talk about pace, the ability to regularly cover ground quickly on a football pitch, and accelerate. Also you might want to check where Zouma is in those Mirror stats you're so fond of (spoiler - it's a lot higher than Keane).

I believe we need to sign a quick centre half to play alongside Keane or Mina, and allow them to be the dominant, aggressive partner. This would be one of the key signings of the sumer for me, and I believe we would struggle without someone to fulfil the role.
Pace and acceleration are different. I thought that was pretty common knowledge both in and outside of football.

I wholeheartedly agree with your assessment of what we need at CB. Would be nice if they could play a ball well, too.

With the CBs we've been linked with, Diego Llorente is probably a good complement to Mina / Keane. Good with his feet, aggressive in space, etc.

Can you explain to me how 33.61mph is faster than 34.94mph please?

Oh and by the way his name is Sean Dyche not Sam Dyche. Do I need to google that one as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back