Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
....despite the season finishing a month ago it’s been quiet on the transfer front, but it’s the 11th June and the international and French windows open today so perhaps it’s time to start the daily round-up summary;

- Argentina’s U23 Manager, Fernando Batista, is quoted by Ole newspaper as saying ‘look at Santiago Sosa, they are about to sell him to Everton for major money & he has played more for us than River’. The Star report obtaining a work permit for the £13.2m 20 year old is proving to be a stumbling block.

- various outlets confirm Everton have agreed a season-long loan for 22 year old defender, Jonjoe Kenny, to Bundesliga outfit Schalke 04.

- According to The Daily Mail, Everton have ‘edged ahead’ of Arsenal in pursuit of Getafe defender Djené Dakonam. The 27 year old Togo international is valued at £30m.

- Goal report Everton winger, Yannick Bolasie, is set for a move to Turkey after the Africa Cup of Nations, with Galatasaray, Besiktas and Trabzonspor vying for his signature.

- Totomac suggest Besiktas are set to open talks with Everton for their Croatian attacking midfielder, Nikola Vlasic. Besiktas want to loan the player and hope the Toffees reduce the redemption clause.

- Marca say West Ham have withdrawn their interest in Barcelona midfielder Andre Gomes who has been on loan at Everton.

- The Echo suggest Everton interest in Nîmes Olympique’s 24 year old Gabon international winger, Denis Bouanga.

- L’equipe report Everton are one of 5 Premier League clubs linked with 21 year old FSV Mainz forward, Jean-Philippe Mateta. Mainz will demand £30m for the players signature.

- L’equipe also say Everton are in talks to sign 30 year old Maxime Gonalons who spent last season on loan at Sevilla from AS Roma. Apparently the midfielder has only played 21 games in the last 2 seasons due to injury.

- Otersunds Manager, Ian Burchall, is quoted by Inside Football as being pessimistic about signing Bassala Sambou who is out of contract with Everton this summer and interesting Blackburn Rovers.
It's officially on!!

Keane and Mina won’t work as a long term partnership as there’s no pace there. It’s fine against good sides when we sit deep but we can’t push up the pitch with those 2 at the back.

You can have seen baningime play a maximum of about 3 times, it’s bizarre that you’re including him as good enough. Besic and dowell didn’t pull up any trees in the championship last year so forgive me if I don’t elevate them above a £30m player from Barcelona.

We need to bring in quality everywhere. This make do and mend attitude needs to change, we shouldn’t be holding onto players just because they can do a job in the right circumstances, we need to sign players who are good enough to take us forward. Luckily I think the people in charge know what they’re doing and won’t be asking any of the American know nothings on here for advice.

Pretty sure Mina is quick isn’t he?

I see those in the “know” are suggesting we sell our best players and replace them with unproven children again. I hate the transfer window.

I disagree but still at one point was a young promising ST and hasn't been given time at Chelsea since.
....despite the season finishing a month ago it’s been quiet on the transfer front, but it’s the 11th June and the international and French windows open today so perhaps it’s time to start the daily round-up summary;

- Argentina’s U23 Manager, Fernando Batista, is quoted by Ole newspaper as saying ‘look at Santiago Sosa, they are about to sell him to Everton for major money & he has played more for us than River’. The Star report obtaining a work permit for the £13.2m 20 year old is proving to be a stumbling block.

- various outlets confirm Everton have agreed a season-long loan for 22 year old defender, Jonjoe Kenny, to Bundesliga outfit Schalke 04.

- According to The Daily Mail, Everton have ‘edged ahead’ of Arsenal in pursuit of Getafe defender Djené Dakonam. The 27 year old Togo international is valued at £30m.

- Goal report Everton winger, Yannick Bolasie, is set for a move to Turkey after the Africa Cup of Nations, with Galatasaray, Besiktas and Trabzonspor vying for his signature.

- Totomac suggest Besiktas are set to open talks with Everton for their Croatian attacking midfielder, Nikola Vlasic. Besiktas want to loan the player and hope the Toffees reduce the redemption clause.

- Marca say West Ham have withdrawn their interest in Barcelona midfielder Andre Gomes who has been on loan at Everton.

- The Echo suggest Everton interest in Nîmes Olympique’s 24 year old Gabon international winger, Denis Bouanga.

- L’equipe report Everton are one of 5 Premier League clubs linked with 21 year old FSV Mainz forward, Jean-Philippe Mateta. Mainz will demand £30m for the players signature.

- L’equipe also say Everton are in talks to sign 30 year old Maxime Gonalons who spent last season on loan at Sevilla from AS Roma. Apparently the midfielder has only played 21 games in the last 2 seasons due to injury.

- Otersunds Manager, Ian Burchall, is quoted by Inside Football as being pessimistic about signing Bassala Sambou for the Swedish club. The forward is out of contract with Everton this summer and interesting Blackburn Rovers.

I thought he had agreed to sign a new contract

edit, maybe not. Must have been someone else.

Anyway, far from convinced on him. 21 and not really pulling up trees in a kids league.

I wouldn’t say he was quick no. He’s not terribly slow, but he’s definitely not quicker than the average PL attacker. Zouma is much much faster.
Keane's probably faster than both, which shows you how important pace is for a CB. Agility, anticipation is more important.

For me we have enough of what we need in the mid already (even without Gomes) to get results. Right now we have Siggy Gana and Schniederlin who in Gomes’s absence has show to be a very decent starting 3 with Davies Besic Vlasic Beni and Dowell as cover.

I can comfortably say DCL is worse at his position than Siggy Gana and Schniederlin are at theirs. Then I also feel the back up of Davies Besic Vlasic Beni and Dowell is 30x that of Niasse and Cenk.

So it really doesn’t make sense to target a CM first before a ST and to be completely honest I feel the same about our CB options. Yeah it’s not ideal but if Mina stays healthy he and Keane could be better than Keane and Zouma. Then add Holgate and another academy project and it’s really not that bad.

CM and CB are probably the 2 positions that can be made up for with a lack of talent by having a good team shape but ST on the other hand cant be made up for in its lack of talent and the only way to compensate is for the rest of the team to pull most of the goal scoring weight.

Give me ST/CB/CM/Winger/RB. Winger and ST could be switched if Richarlison is moved into the center again which I think he could pull off with a little practice and perseverance.

In addition: one thing I would’ve liked to have seen last season was Schniederlin Gana and Davies in the center with Siggy up top. Siggy has the height, the link up play, the positioning, and the eye for goal while Gana and Davies would be the tireless engine in the mid running everything down and get up and down the field while Schniederlin stays home providing the deep link and composed cover for Gana and Davies
This really comes down to whether or not you rate Schneiderlin or not. I think they are going to move him and I don't think Silva trusts Davies. Perhaps that is influencing my opinion. But I just don't think he can keep up with the pace of the better players in the PL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back