Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
DCL/Tosun/Richarlison is better than Siggy/Gana/Schneiderlin or Siggy/Gomes/Gana IMO.

That's fully mental. Those midfielders are proven premier league players and have played for top level international and champions league teams.

Tosun hasn't performed in this league. I'm a DCL fan but he's got a lot to do to keep his place. Richarlison is looking good but he's had less than two good seasons.

This summer could shape us right up or leave us standing still, if we only sign gomes and maybe Zouma.

That's why the Kenny deal is baffling. Either keep him or sell him.

We need players gone. I actually wasnt expecting Kenny to be on the out list
I agree about us selling players and getting some money in, which I think we will. But maybe the club feel loaning kenny financially is best deal, maybe the same with oyekuru.

What kenny worth at the moment between 5 and 8? With a loan fee and haven’t a clue just having a wild guess of maybe one or two million. And he has a great season, maybe he will become a 15mil player next summer.

Those that know my mate Leftheris will understand this post.Don't shoot me ,shoot Leftheris the complete loon.HE RECKONS WE ARE IN FOR Jonathan Bamba from Lille.If Leftheris has said it's true,then so be it.
All hail leftheris.

Long live leftheris and all his info

The king has speaketh

That's fully mental. Those midfielders are proven premier league players and have played for top level international and champions league teams.

Tosun hasn't performed in this league. I'm a DCL fan but he's got a lot to do to keep his place. Richarlison is looking good but he's had less than two good seasons.
It's not mental. I said we need both.

Two of those midfielders are good in this league - Sigurdsson and Gana. Who's the third? Schneiderlin? He's not a top 6 DM. Not even close. Even if we sign Gomes, he's terrible defensively - constantly fouls, can't keep up with faster players, gets bypassed constantly. He does some things well, but he's a terrible fit with those two. And one injury to Gana and we are a borderline disaster in probably the most important positions on the pitch.

DCL/Richarlison have talent. Tosun isn't great, but he's got 8 goals and 3 assists in under 2000 minutes on some mediocre offensive teams. I'd take unproven with talent over proven to be not good enough any day of the week.

I agree about us selling players and getting some money in, which I think we will. But maybe the club feel loaning kenny financially is best deal, maybe the same with oyekuru.

What kenny worth at the moment between 5 and 8? With a loan fee and haven’t a clue just having a wild guess of maybe one or two million. And he has a great season, maybe he will become a 15mil player next summer.
Completely agree. If he does well, especially considering he's home grown in England, he could be worth something to someone if we don't want to just keep him.

Two of those midfielders are good in this league - Sigurdsson and Gana. Who's the third? Schneiderlin? He's not a top 6 DM. Not even close. Even if we sign Gomes, he's terrible defensively - constantly fouls, can't keep up with faster players, gets bypassed constantly. He does some things well, but he's a terrible fit with those two. And one injury to Gana and we are a borderline disaster in probably the most important positions on the pitch.

DCL/Richarlison have talent. Tosun isn't great, but he's got 8 goals and 3 assists in under 2000 minutes on some mediocre offensive teams. I'd take unproven with talent over proven to be not good enough any day of the week.
lol

The problem for Tosun is he is very useless outside of the box which isn't the worst thing in the world for a forward but kind of a problem when you also aren't getting that much elsewhere. Toward the end of the year Gylfi and especially Richarlison improved a lot but there was no way Tosun was coming back in when things were working with DCL.

As for the midfield you are completely right. I like Gomes but with his limited defensive ability he has to put in Xavi level passing displays to have an effect or he has to start producing goals and chances. Personally my max price on him would be like 20-25m and if that isn't it then move on. But regardless we need to be weighing other options in that area. Sosa I guess is a swing at that but who knows how a kid who has barely played in the Argentine league will do.

For me the order of priority currently is CB/CM/ST/RB/Winger/LB. We could do without signing a winger but only if we keep Lookman and Onyekuru.

The problem for Tosun is he is very useless outside of the box which isn't the worst thing in the world for a forward but kind of a problem when you also aren't getting that much elsewhere. Toward the end of the year Gylfi and especially Richarlison improved a lot but there was no way Tosun was coming back in when things were working with DCL.

As for the midfield you are completely right. I like Gomes but with his limited defensive ability he has to put in Xavi level passing displays to have an effect or he has to start producing goals and chances. Personally my max price on him would be like 20-25m and if that isn't it then move on. But regardless we need to be weighing other options in that area. Sosa I guess is a swing at that but who knows how a kid who has barely played in the Argentine league will do.

For me the order of priority currently is CB/CM/ST/RB/Winger/LB. We could do without signing a winger but only if we keep Lookman and Onyekuru.
For me we have enough of what we need in the mid already (even without Gomes) to get results. Right now we have Siggy Gana and Schniederlin who in Gomes’s absence has show to be a very decent starting 3 with Davies Besic Vlasic Beni and Dowell as cover.

I can comfortably say DCL is worse at his position than Siggy Gana and Schniederlin are at theirs. Then I also feel the back up of Davies Besic Vlasic Beni and Dowell is 30x that of Niasse and Cenk.

So it really doesn’t make sense to target a CM first before a ST and to be completely honest I feel the same about our CB options. Yeah it’s not ideal but if Mina stays healthy he and Keane could be better than Keane and Zouma. Then add Holgate and another academy project and it’s really not that bad.

CM and CB are probably the 2 positions that can be made up for with a lack of talent by having a good team shape but ST on the other hand cant be made up for in its lack of talent and the only way to compensate is for the rest of the team to pull most of the goal scoring weight.

Give me ST/CB/CM/Winger/RB. Winger and ST could be switched if Richarlison is moved into the center again which I think he could pull off with a little practice and perseverance.

In addition: one thing I would’ve liked to have seen last season was Schniederlin Gana and Davies in the center with Siggy up top. Siggy has the height, the link up play, the positioning, and the eye for goal while Gana and Davies would be the tireless engine in the mid running everything down and get up and down the field while Schniederlin stays home providing the deep link and composed cover for Gana and Davies

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back