Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Zouma
Gomes
Quality RB
Sosa
Gaich
ST (Mateta?)

So Zouma/Gomes doesn't improve us, although in theory, Gomes could get better with a full offseason and a better understanding of Silva's tactics.
Sosa/Gaich, while tremendous potential, doesn't really improve us next year.
Mateta helps give an additional option and he's probably a bit better than DCL, especially against certain teams.
If the quality RB just pushes Coleman and doesn't improve us on that side, do we not think the top 10 aren't going to improve more in their offseasons?

We still would have the same weaknesses in central midfield. In addition, if we are spending that much, we are selling some players. Are we keeping Schneiderlin? I'm assuming we'll sell him. If so, we will badly need another CM/DM. You throw Ibrahim Sangare in there for 25M and I'm a LOT happier.

Now for the future? I like Sosa/Gaich/Mateta. If the RB is younger and still developing, that could also be interesting.

So basically you’re poo-pooing my post just because 1 played you fancy is missing off it who is equally as risky as Mateta or a young RB?

if only wolves had of lost a couple of their draws, blah blah blah blah ..

we were never in the hunt for Europa after the way we played last season.

missed out cos we couldn't beat fulham away... that says everything we need to know about what we were last year
Blah blah, we missed out by one unexpected match therefore "we were never in the hunt". Its a testament to how easy it is for us to finish 7th, that even after how bad we were for large stretches, if Wolves hadnt unexpectedly beaten Arsenal we would be in.

But sure, professional footballers weren't thinking about making Europe when 1 point behind, they were all convinced it was out of reach during their winning stretch.

So basically you’re poo-pooing my post just because 1 played you fancy is missing off it who is equally as risky as Mateta or a young RB?
I'm not entirely sure that is English.

But no, I'm suggesting you aren't addressing what IMO is our biggest weakness. Heck, I would actually suggest we will likely sell Schneiderlin and will need 2 CM/DMs beyond Gomes & Sosa. I'm also not sure spending the 60-70M Zouma/Gomes will cost is good bang for our buck, but I also don't have an idea what our total spend will be. It might be fine.

Blah blah, we missed out by one unexpected match therefore "we were never in the hunt". Its a testament to how easy it is for us to finish 7th, that even after how bad we were for large stretches, if Wolves hadnt unexpectedly beaten Arsenal we would be in.

But sure, professional footballers weren't thinking about making Europe when 1 point behind, they were all convinced it was out of reach during their winning stretch.
This idea that we were never in the hunt for Europa and that the players weren't under any pressure is completely ridiculous.

I'm not entirely sure that is English.

But no, I'm suggesting you aren't addressing what IMO is our biggest weakness. Heck, I would actually suggest we will likely sell Schneiderlin and will need 2 CM/DMs beyond Gomes & Sosa. I'm also not sure spending the 60-70M Zouma/Gomes will cost is good bang for our buck, but I also don't have an idea what our total spend will be. It might be fine.

You think defensive mid is our biggest weakness when we have DCL, Niasse and Cenk up front????

Poopooing is just a colloquial English verb - probably hasn’t been Americanised yet.

You think defensive mid is our biggest weakness when we have DCL, Niasse and Cenk up front????

Poopooing is just a colloquial English verb - probably hasn’t been Americanised yet.

It's commonly used in America, the sentence itself was confusing.

And yes, I believe Siggy/Gana/TBD is our biggest issue, while conceding CF or RW (if we move Richy to CF) is a significant issue as well. Filling TBD with Gomes does not address the issues.

I assuming we sell Niasse at a minimum, but DCL/Tosun/Richarlison is better than Siggy/Gana/Schneiderlin or Siggy/Gomes/Gana IMO.

Regardless, we need to address CM/DM, CF/RW, CB, RB all in this window. I just believe we need 2 CM/DM players. Gomes/Sosa is interesting, but neither of those are above average PL players. Also imagine if Gana goes down. We are toast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back