Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't image they'd let him go after surely losing Bakayoko, but you never know. He'd be interesting. He's pretty darn good, but he's become a different player than I thought he would be. Really though he'd settle in as a defensive mid that could also play box-to-box and pushes the ball up the field. Never quite seemed to fit into that defensive mid role.

Wasn't he one of the old Championship manager wounder kids you always bought, along with Cherno Samber?
American wonder kid that was dubbed the next Pele because he scored his first professional goal for DC United at 14 then signed for a Finish club and forced to play for their reserve team in the Finish 3rd division where he couldnt even start a game.

I can't image they'd let him go after surely losing Bakayoko, but you never know. He'd be interesting. He's pretty darn good, but he's become a different player than I thought he would be. Really though he'd settle in as a defensive mid that could also play box-to-box and pushes the ball up the field. Never quite seemed to fit into that defensive mid role.
One does not simply "not let Kessie go". Kessie lets himself go as the Milan board cowers in the corner.

How? We should have got 7th this season and that's an improved squad.
Zouma
Gomes
Quality RB
Sosa
Gaich
ST (Mateta?)

So Zouma/Gomes doesn't improve us, although in theory, Gomes could get better with a full offseason and a better understanding of Silva's tactics.
Sosa/Gaich, while tremendous potential, doesn't really improve us next year.
Mateta helps give an additional option and he's probably a bit better than DCL, especially against certain teams.
If the quality RB just pushes Coleman and doesn't improve us on that side, do we not think the top 10 aren't going to improve more in their offseasons?

We still would have the same weaknesses in central midfield. In addition, if we are spending that much, we are selling some players. Are we keeping Schneiderlin? I'm assuming we'll sell him. If so, we will badly need another CM/DM. You throw Ibrahim Sangare in there for 25M and I'm a LOT happier.

Now for the future? I like Sosa/Gaich/Mateta. If the RB is younger and still developing, that could also be interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back