Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We do though - Stones, Holgate, Lookman, DCL, Onyekuru etc.

It doesn't always pay off. When it does we moan about selling them to bigger clubs anyway.

Good point mate, we do do it.

Would look like a good time to do it now....those Ajax & PSV & Lyon players that are going for big money....the ones that are going to those clubs to replace them will be linked for millions next season.

Think the wages are more of an issue tbh, I know we need to generate money, but selling 10 players who won't even make match day squads for small fees will benefit us a lot more than a couple of big fees. The wages are a constant flow of cash out.
Not really. People have got obsessed with the wage side of things and ffp but business is business at the end of the day. Even if we pretend that we couldn't find a loan for three players who we've had no problem finding suitors for before, and therefore free ourselves from the wage issue, it's still not better financially to do what you're suggesting. Say Mirallas is on £60k a week for this year and we sell him for £1m, that's £4m in the bank for the club. Say Onyekuru is on £20k a week for 3 years and we sell him for £10m, that's £13m in the bank. It's crazy how everyone's got so wrapped up in the idea of saving on wages that they've forgotten how to count.

Not really. People have got obsessed with the wage side of things and ffp but business is business at the end of the day. Even if we pretend that we couldn't find a loan for three players who we've had no problem finding suitors for before, and therefore free ourselves from the wage issue, it's still not better financially to do what you're suggesting. Say Mirallas is on £60k a week for this year and we sell him for £1m, that's £4m in the bank for the club. Say Onyekuru is on £20k a week for 3 years and we sell him for £10m, that's £13m in the bank. It's crazy how everyone's got so wrapped up in the idea of saving on wages that they've forgotten how to count.
In discussions like this you can tell who plays champ man and who doesn't live in their ma's spare room.

Chelsea need to sell a foreign star.... hello Kurt.

Excellent start if we get him in over the next 7 days.

Then 4 more needed:

RB: Leave that to the stat pros to offer some suggestions.

CM: box to box midfielder who can pass through the lines, Franck Kessie or Sangare.

LW: Malcom or Neres

ST: Haller or Kean

Then 4 more needed:

CM: box to box midfielder who can pass through the lines, Franck Kessie or Sangare.

why?

Then 4 more needed:

I’ve got a weird feeling, could be insanely wrong, that Zouma actually counts as homegrown now?

I've not forgotten how to count, I've just never been able to count ha

There's two ways of looking at it I suppose, deadwood will be prioritised, the same players we say we won't get any interest in, are the same players we said the exact same thing about last summer tbf. I wouldn't be surprised if lookman or Walcott went tbh, but one of my biggest hopes is actually that we keep Onyekuru, even if we have to loan him again.

Then 4 more needed:

Hadn’t conciderd that angle, as he and others were on loan they will need to be added to the 18 non homegrown players registered at Chelsea.

It's been going on for a long time now and I'm little afraid to ask, which one of our superstars is treacle Hank?
Hadn’t conciderd that angle, as he and others were on loan they will need to be added to the 18 non homegrown players registered at Chelsea.
Can Chelsea buy a player a year in advance and then complete the deal when their ban ends? I'm sorry for the off-topic question. But if they could do business before the end of their transfer ban.

Or else then they might want to get a big war chest for next season set up well in advance. I'm just reaching to see why they'd sell Kurt to us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back