Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Chelsea signing that kovacic who was on loan last season as well for 50mill, not that they're skint but might be more open to selling zouma to balance the books

It's been going on for a long time now and I'm little afraid to ask, which one of our superstars is treacle Hank?

Can Chelsea buy a player a year in advance and then complete the deal when their ban ends? I'm sorry for the off-topic question. But if they could do business before the end of their transfer ban.

Or else then they might want to get a big war chest for next season set up well in advance. I'm just reaching to see why they'd sell Kurt to us.

I think they could agree to buy a player but can’t register the player until after the ban. Chelsea have always traded players to comply with FFP so it’s possible they need to sell to cover the wage bill, although they have just pulled in a big fee for Hazard.

Do you think the Managers have any say in who is bought and sold at Chelsea?
That would be crackers given how often their manager changes.

No but you think whoever takes over would be miffed if he couldn’t bring in players he wanted as the budget couldn’t stretch.

(Although kinda confused how they’re signing this lad with a tranny ban)

I think the Kean rumor has a lot of truth to it, and I think Everton have a 50/50 shot at getting him. Theres way too much smoke, and I think its 100% true that we are pushing hard for him. Now of course, thats not enough, but I think Brands connection to Raioli really help, as if he as a player is unwilling to resign with Juve, they almost HAVE to sell him this window. Thats the thing that makes me thing this is a goer, Juve are in a bad spot with him, and that means a few choice teams connected to his agent have a very good chance.

EDIT: Annnnddd right after I post that, I look it up and find out that apparently no one has noticed Raioli is banned from operating as an agent for 3 months, and until after the England window closes? Which means any of his clients who havent dropped them(which is all of them, as none have dropped him) basically arent coming to this country unless they represent themselves or he has his buddy "Alfredo" do it for him

That’s an old article. He’s appealed or something and is trading again. Not sure if the ban is suspended but he can definitely trade at the moment

What is everyone thinking is the regular squad next year after the window? Assuming we settle on 2 players per position for 22

GK Pickford
GK Lossl
RB Coleman
CB Keane, Mina, Zouma
RB/CB Holgate + 1 new player
LB Baines, Digne
Midfield: Gomes, Gana, Davies, Siggy + Beni?
Attacking Midfield / Strikers: Bernard, Lookman, Richarlison, + 1 new player
Strikers: DCL + 1 new player

IMO that means that we don't keep or sell:
Walcott, Tosun, Besic, McCarthy, Schneiderlin, because they are senior pros that we can't afford to keep on the bench or out of the squad
Dowell and youngsters like Kenny whom we want to invest in go out on loan (probably forgotten a few fringe players)
and we buy 1 Defender, 1 wide attacker and 1 CF (apart from Zouma)
I think the Defender has to be a squad or younger player (if we secure Zouma)
The attacker has to be competition for Bernard, Richarlison and either replace Walcott or push both Lookman and Walcott to do better
The CF has to be a first-team option and pushes DCL to the back up striker for this season.

That leaves a trimmed down squad of 19 + space for 3 youth players inc. Virginia, Simms to be around the first team.
A smaller squad with realistic competition for places makes the first team work harder too.
What do you think?

No but you think whoever takes over would be miffed if he couldn’t bring in players he wanted as the budget couldn’t stretch.

(Although kinda confused how they’re signing this lad with a tranny ban)

they technically bought him in January and loaned him back as part of the deal. Season has ended, player reverts back and joins his 'new' team.

Not necessarily though. Much depends on whether or not Moshiri is prepared to underwrite any additional expenditure. If we shift any of these players on, barring one or two, they are inferior players on high wages. Bids for those sorts of players don't usually come in until the end of the window. I'm sure they all know it would be suicide to leave any of our main dealings until after we have sold a load of players.

I suspect Brands has demonstrated to Moshiri that he can be trusted and, as such, we will move to secure most of our targets now, with the intention of then moving players out afterwards. That isn't to say that we won't then try for a couple more in if we manage to ship out the dross, but I reckon we will get our main ones in prior to most of ours being moved on.

That also isn't to say that this way isn't fraught with risk. If we can't shift enough of them out we'll be knackered by FFP. But as I said, I suspect Brands has instilled belief at board level that he can be trusted to do this.

I stand by what I posted mate, we need to get some cash in for the players we have to out before we can think about more spending.
We must be close to the wire over FFP already and if we’re not, further spending will see us dangerously close.

Brands is doing well, but unloading the dross is way easier said than done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back