Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
That front three of the RS's, Firminho, Salah and Mane got 56 league goals between them last season mate, we would have to upgrade to top quality to get close to that considering that RS front three scored 2 more than our whole team put together.

They arent top class, they just suit kick and run.

They certainly werent top class when bought either.

Yeah deffo hit it long for Mane and Salah from the RS Goat, but they still have to put the chances away, and 22 league goals each for Salah (32 prem goals for Salah in the 2017/18 season as well) and Mane last season points to them knowing where the net is mate.

A pie chart!

Happy So Excited GIF

I reckon Arsenal or Utd would happily take Siggurdson and/or Gueye at the moment. That many goals from his position and that many tackles for Gueyes? Our main problem when the team was shocking was defense to be fair. New system, new players etc... It appears to be well sorted and both those players finished very strongly. Definitely not where our greatest need for strengthening is anyway. You may be right about top 4 but definitely good enough for top 6. I'd take our team above Arsenal and Utd any day of the week as it stands
And if we want to get worse, cool, move Gana.

Kessie has talent, but he's plenty inconsistent. He's also not as good as Gana. Still has some ability and maybe it was that awful AC Milan side that didn't help him develop, but he's not become the player many thought he might. Still young, though.

Maybe that Kessie bloke if Gana leaves.

In fact is Gana still likely to leave? Gone quiet that one.

I do like kessie he's a good player. Don't think he's much of a gana replacement though, more of a box to box for me. Reminds me of a doucoure type.

Would be ideal as a gomes back up or to drop gana and play him in games where we'd dominate possession. Have a midfield of gomes, siggurson and kessie.

They are quite good unfortunately. Salah was scoring pretty much 1 in 2 in Italy aswell, and has 40 international goals, he's a proper goalscorer. If we want to play without a real goalscorer up front we need someone who gets as many as Richarlison on the other side. They're not easy to find.

Why?. We know Zouma fits in with the squad and style if play and is a good partner for either Mina or Keane.

Not saying we'll get him because of the uncertainty over Chelsea's ban, but surely he should be our first choice.

Umtiti is a beast physically and so much more imposing and defensively he is one of the TOP centerback in the world. 40m is a steal and 30m for kouma seems a silly price to pay. But if we we sign kouma for 20m I would have no complain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back