Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yeah fully agree, I know we criticise Everton all the time but I think we’re genuinely respected by most clubs for the way we do business. We’ve probably paid decent prices for Barcelona and not screwed them over for the players they don’t want whilst they made money from us on the Deulofeu deal. There’ll come a point when they want to call a favour in though and we’ll have to remember that they gave us Lucas Digne for 16 mill.
And 22 million for Gomes when there are far worse players going for more. The relationship we are developing with them can be very good for us, we get players not quite good enough for them but improve us, and if we do get a young lad in who becomes world class, I'd rather they have him than one of the sky 6..

Last point re Gueye, and not to get all Esk-y, but:

His book value by now will be in the region of £1.4m, so any fee we get for him will be almost pure profit; if we ARE planning to splurge elsewhere, this would be a factor in helping us stay out of any FFP-related hot water.

Stop, stop, stop. Book value is meaningless.

How much are his wages? How much will another club pay for him? How much will his replacement cost in wages and fees? If you don’t sell now how does that change these answers? Which players give you the best chance at good results?

Book value is only useful for the audit and Deloitte report.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back