Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bernard didn’t get credited with an assist for Richarlisons goal at Leicester which shows the stupidity of stats as he singlehandedly created that out of nothing.

So if Bernard jinks past a few players, plays Digne in behind the fullback who crosses for Siggurdson to score we don’t care about that? Or when he plays the perfectly timed ball to Siggurdson on the counter against Brighton who then tees up Richarlison to score. We don’t value that? What about completely negating TAA in both derbies because he was tied up in knots trying to track Bernard all over the place and couldn’t get past him offensively, we don’t value that? If he sucks in two or three players then releases Gomes in acres of space to allow him to switch play to our right side to give Walcott or Coleman a one on one we dont value that?

Nah we only value his motd stats so we can compare him with Marc Albrighton.
Even counting the Leicester assists, which some places do, he didn't do enough. I'm giving him credit for the Brighton goal is a lot of credit for a pretty simple ball 60 yards from goal. And shutting down Alexander-Arnold is great but he's also not a defender. That shouldn't be the standard way of judging a wingers impact.

I mean all these hypotheticals are nice but how often did they actually happen? Because unless he's doing stuff like that every game it doesn't really make up for the lack of direct contribution at least in my opinion.

Cheeky so & so been posting photos of Everton last night til 1 am in the morning just put your favourite player in there now... - up and about as the carpenter arrived via the tradesman's entrance to finish off his work at Joey Towers...... :D
Painter booked for Wednesday full outside house paint job...... good clerk of works I am.....
Have we signed a forward yet?

Going too be to warm to paint the outside of the house mate, it won't dry properly.

Mods, is there any chance we could have a player stats death match thread so all of the insufferable circular stats arguments (player X is better than player Y, Whoosit is amazing, Wotsit is terrible etc..) can be kept out of the transfer thread? I've tried putting them on ignore but it's like a hydra, you chop off one head and two more grow (plus the threads start to make no sense at all). This thread is officially out of control.
We will sign late on so this thread may be pointless?
post when we actually sign someone maybe?

Genuinely can’t see where he’s gonna get minutes if he moves there.
Forsberg has injury problems and they've sold Bruma. Sabitzer is ok but not undroppable and they have CL games. He will probably play 3 times as much as he did here and that's not even accounting for any potential improvement from him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back