Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The question is a better team than what alternative. Better than the other options we have now you could say yes, I'd have loved to see what we looked like with Lookman but I'll say Bernard was better last year for now. But is better enough? And can we improve in the market? I think we can and should because if we are honest Bernard isn't getting games for anyone who finished above us last year.

Malcom has been rubbished I believe and Pepe seems unlikely but either of those would make us better than the amount that Bernard makes us better. And I would guess other players are out there that would do similar.

We're a better team with DCL in too and no one is saying we shouldn't improve that position I don't think.

The argument wasnt really about if we could sign a better player than Bernard tho, the point was that he is ten times the player of Mark effing Albrighton!!

@Keiran it is time for you to go to bed, @Joey66 is already there, do not resist
Cheeky so & so been posting photos of Everton last night til 1 am in the morning just put your favourite player in there now... - up and about as the carpenter arrived via the tradesman's entrance to finish off his work at Joey Towers...... :D
Painter booked for Wednesday full outside house paint job...... good clerk of works I am.....
Have we signed a forward yet?

The argument wasnt really about if we could sign a better player than Bernard tho, the point was that he is ten times the player of Mark effing Albrighton!!
I don't know about ten times but yeah I'd prefer him to Albrighton. But we aren't chasing Leicester, despite what the maniacs in here say, so that isn't really the measuring stick I'd use.

Mods, is there any chance we could have a player stats death match thread so all of the insufferable circular stats arguments (player X is better than player Y, Whoosit is amazing, Wotsit is terrible etc..) can be kept out of the transfer thread? I've tried putting them on ignore but it's like a hydra, you chop off one head and two more grow (plus the threads start to make no sense at all). This thread is officially out of control.

Cheeky so & so been posting photos of Everton last night til 1 am in the morning just put your favourite player in there now... - up and about as the carpenter arrived via the tradesman's entrance to finish off his work at Joey Towers...... :D
Painter booked for Wednesday full outside house paint job...... good clerk of works I am.....
Have we signed a forward yet?

What the hell is this crap Joey?

Whatever is going on Transfer wise,at least we know its all over 2 weeks Thursday at 5pm, I cant work out if i am bored or just frustrated listening to same rumours or reading same rubbish every day

Honestly it’s the same every window for us. Just take it all with a pinch of salt nowadays. If we sign loads or none. Gone are the days of getting upset over us singing players.

Bernard didn’t get credited with an assist for Richarlisons goal at Leicester which shows the stupidity of stats as he singlehandedly created that out of nothing.

So if Bernard jinks past a few players, plays Digne in behind the fullback who crosses for Siggurdson to score we don’t care about that? Or when he plays the perfectly timed ball to Siggurdson on the counter against Brighton who then tees up Richarlison to score. We don’t value that? What about completely negating TAA in both derbies because he was tied up in knots trying to track Bernard all over the place and couldn’t get past him offensively, we don’t value that? If he sucks in two or three players then releases Gomes in acres of space to allow him to switch play to our right side to give Walcott or Coleman a one on one we dont value that?

Nah we only value his motd stats so we can compare him with Marc Albrighton.

Those are massively valued, but without the finishing and ability to break down defensive teams who have parked the bus he isn't the complete winger. Why are we being linked to so many class wingers? None of those are there to fill Lookmans or Walcotts spot. If we get a Malcom, Neres, Pepe or Zaha.. who is dropping to the bench? The player that creates space for others or his opposite winger who was equal top scorer with assists thrown in.

Hes a lovely player.. but to breach the top 6 and ultimately top 4 or better we need players that can do it all.

Bernard didn’t get credited with an assist for Richarlisons goal at Leicester which shows the stupidity of stats as he singlehandedly created that out of nothing.

So if Bernard jinks past a few players, plays Digne in behind the fullback who crosses for Siggurdson to score we don’t care about that? Or when he plays the perfectly timed ball to Siggurdson on the counter against Brighton who then tees up Richarlison to score. We don’t value that? What about completely negating TAA in both derbies because he was tied up in knots trying to track Bernard all over the place and couldn’t get past him offensively, we don’t value that? If he sucks in two or three players then releases Gomes in acres of space to allow him to switch play to our right side to give Walcott or Coleman a one on one we dont value that?

Nah we only value his motd stats so we can compare him with Marc Albrighton.
wtf? I know the keeper palmed it to Richarlison but that's baffling, Bernard created that from nothing. Didn't even know that.

So if Bernard jinks past a few players, plays Digne in behind the fullback who crosses for Siggurdson to score we don’t care about that? Or when he plays the perfectly timed ball to Siggurdson on the counter against Brighton who then tees up Richarlison to score. We don’t value that?

Nobody is saying he hasn't had good games or been impressive at times. What i'm saying is that I believe he's not good enough to start for a team seriously looking to break the top six. He's an OK player, nothing more and nothing less. He doesn't contribute enough, consistently to make an impact at the highest level. That's my opinion and others have theirs, which is fine too.

Nobody is saying he hasn't had good games or been impressive at times. What i'm saying is that I believe he's not good enough to start for a team seriously looking to break the top six. He's an OK player, nothing more and nothing less. He doesn't contribute enough, consistently to make an impact at the highest level. That's my opinion and others have theirs, which is fine too.
I think that point is perfectly fine if Bernard has had a 2-3 seasons with us and his ouput is still poor but we're going off his first season with us first season in England playing English football while not played for god knows how long at Shaktar, It's a tad harsh.
We all know he could have had at least 5 goals but at least he's getting them chances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back