Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last season was a 'perfect storm' in that all those 34 wide players who created and scored more than Bernard got extremely lucky and had their best seasons ever.

All the while, Bernard got very unlucky and 'if we had a better striker' or if 'he'd put a few of those sitters away' then his numbers would have been comparable to those aforementioned players.

It's all just bad luck.

NB: This logic cannot be applied to any other player.

You're like a broken record you.

How many times?

We understand that Bernard did not have high numbers.

What we also understand (because we watch football with our eyes) is that Bernard is a quality player and makes us a better team

Stats relating to goals and assists can be useful, but it's nonsense to tie a player's worth entirely to those things. Having players like Bernard and Digne on one side has an effect on teams beyond just providing assists - they pre-occupy other players, which in turn creates space for players like Siggy. Unfortunately, if you only ever see MOTD or watch us on the TV, you tend to miss out on those things because they aren't where the camera is facing.
If you have actually watched us in the final part of last season and didn't think there was potential in the likes of Bernard then I wonder what possible enjoyment people can get from football.

You can see all that on the tv as well

Last season was a 'perfect storm' in that all those 34 wide players who created and scored more than Bernard got extremely lucky and had their best seasons ever.

All the while, Bernard got very unlucky and 'if we had a better striker' or if 'he'd put a few of those sitters away' then his numbers would have been comparable to those aforementioned players.

It's all just bad luck.

NB: This logic cannot be applied to any other player.
Lad ,give yer head a wobble and jog on to the world football forum.THIS IS THE TRANSFER THREAD FFS.

Bernard didn’t get credited with an assist for Richarlisons goal at Leicester which shows the stupidity of stats as he singlehandedly created that out of nothing.

So if Bernard jinks past a few players, plays Digne in behind the fullback who crosses for Siggurdson to score we don’t care about that? Or when he plays the perfectly timed ball to Siggurdson on the counter against Brighton who then tees up Richarlison to score. We don’t value that? What about completely negating TAA in both derbies because he was tied up in knots trying to track Bernard all over the place and couldn’t get past him offensively, we don’t value that? If he sucks in two or three players then releases Gomes in acres of space to allow him to switch play to our right side to give Walcott or Coleman a one on one we dont value that?

Nah we only value his motd stats so we can compare him with Marc Albrighton.

You're like a broken record you.

How many times?

We understand that Bernard did not have high numbers.

What we also understand (because we watch football with our eyes) is that Bernard is a quality player and makes us a better team
The question is a better team than what alternative. Better than the other options we have now you could say yes, I'd have loved to see what we looked like with Lookman but I'll say Bernard was better last year for now. But is better enough? And can we improve in the market? I think we can and should because if we are honest Bernard isn't getting games for anyone who finished above us last year.

Malcom has been rubbished I believe and Pepe seems unlikely but either of those would make us better than the amount that Bernard makes us better. And I would guess other players are out there that would do similar.

We're a better team with DCL in too and no one is saying we shouldn't improve that position I don't think.

Whatever is going on Transfer wise,at least we know its all over 2 weeks Thursday at 5pm, I cant work out if i am bored or just frustrated listening to same rumours or reading same rubbish every day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back