Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Popped in to check out this thread and it's even more bizarre than usual.

Mikey vs Big Dave on DCL
Big Dave freaking everyone out
Marc Albrighton is apparently the new Messi
Kieran is the new Crimhead stats enthusiast - and is also mad for Kasper Schmeichel and thinks Bernard is rubbish (come to think of it he might not be Crimhead but a Big Iguana multi)
We're going to finish behind West Ham, Leicester, Newcastle and, somehow, Southampton apparently

Any transfer news in the transfer thread? Lids?

@Keiran Digne was very creative, we just struggled getting on the end of things.

You seemingly don't understand the finer points of a game, stat nerds never are. You just called Bernard bad, I mean really?

How can you hand on heart say Bernard and Digne don't make us a much better side and a lot more exciting to watch. Who knows, if we get this mythical 20 gial striker, Bernards stats might well be a lot better but his game is more than that, his overall game is exceptional, his positional sense, his workrate, his ability to control a ball, his clever passing, do you not recognise any of that as good attributes?

No, I dont WANT Everton to be in that position. I just want a team like they have: all comfortable on the ball, all intent on attack and a balanced outfit.

We are are a season or so off that yet. I have faith in Silva if he's given the players to work with.
You want us to be more intent on attack like a team that scored fewer goals than us?

TBF to Bernard, it is just fractions for him. He had a good start to his time here and all it needed to turn good into a great start was putting away a couple of sitters here and there.

On Albrighton: he's not a great player. Never said he was. But he has been VASTLY underrated on this thread. He terrified defences in their PL winning season. But if you dont have a name like Robben or Giggs it makes it all worthless, apparently.

Oh David.

TBF to Bernard, it is just fractions for him. He had a good start to his time here and all it needed to turn good into a great start was putting away a couple of sitters here and there.

On Albrighton: he's not a great player. Never said he was. But he has been VASTLY underrated on this thread. He terrified defences in their PL winning season. But if you dont have a name like Robben or Giggs it makes it all worthless, apparently.

I think both are underrated in truth. Albrighton reminds me a lot of Kilbane, kind of a "what it says on the tin" merchant, up and down, provides good protection and works hard.

Bernard has the higher ceiling though. He does things Albrighton can't do, his special awareness is better, he's better in tight areas and a natural in the final third. For me he reminds me of Peinaar and Limpar, might be some bias on my because because of those players but I always like that type of player. It always feels an Everton type player if that makes sense?

You are right though, he needs more end product. More goals and assists (the same could probably be levelled at Limpar and Peinaar to be fair!). He works very well without the ball though and deserves credit for his defensive discipline.

Leicester have two players that could get into our team? Ha Ha Ha.

And I saw Rodgers as a poor fot for any team looking to get a major trophy...which he is. He's a good manager.
Coleman isn’t better, Gana isn’t better, Albrighton doesn’t start anymore, Choudhury doesn’t always start. Sig isn’t better.
I don't understand why you both have such a love in with Leicester City. I know it's all about opinions, but as things stands right now, there is only Jamie Vardy who walks into our team. You could also argue for Maguire, but I personally am not a fan and would go with Mina/Keane, but that's just me. United think he's worth spending £80m on so what do I know.

What I will say is that Leicester have some cracking young prospects with a very high ceiling. Players like Chilwell, Ndidi, Barnes, Maddison and Tielemans all have massive potential, and whilst I would admittedly love to see any of them in our squad, right now they are not quite good enough to start ahead of our first choice XI. The other issue for Leicester is, as these players develop, they are going to find it very hard to keep hold of them as bigger clubs come knocking, as they've found previously with the likes of Kante and Mahrez.

If any team is going to break into the top 6 next season I think it will be us, not Leicester. If Leicester can hold onto those young players and they develop as expected, and we keep the same team, I would probably have a different mind set in another year or so. But not right now.

@Kieran. I think this covers a few points in your last post too. Leicester's squad is full of potential whereas ours, with a couple of quality additions, is ready to seriously challenge the top 6 IMO. An example is your views on the defenders. You picked four from Leicester and just Digne from Everton. Our defence was better than Leicester's overall last season. And in the final third of the season once we'd got to grips with zonal marking, we only conceded 8 goals in 13 games, including games against all of the top 6, with 9 clean sheets along the way. That's a fantastic platform to start the new season from.

Also my response to your original post probably appeared harsh because the post just seemed so dismissive of the Everton players. But fair do's for subsequently adding some meat to the bones. I don't agree with you as I believe, if we're to push on next season, we need experience over potential.

If I remember correctly.... PSG stated (Or something like this), "Ya ya we signing Gana on Monday officially...." I guess we will see if today is a day of reckoning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back