Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We will sign late on so this thread may be pointless?
post when we actually sign someone maybe?
People speculating on whether rumours are jarg or not is quite fun and even the FIFA fanboy player lists are interesting enough but endless lists of how many completed passes/losses of possession/assists/chances created etc.., usually about players we've never been linked to is utterly exhausting and pointless but you have to read through it to find anything of any interest.

Don't worry though, Joe, there will always be room for tales of your tradesman's entrance!

Top Blue you lad. Whether he ends up being the long term man for our top job alongside Brands, I’ll be honest, I have no idea. What I do know is that we’ve paid a lot of money to bring this pair together to give a structure and cohesion to give us the belief and confidence we can achieve something this Club has been missing for a generation.

It’s happenning right in front of us,there is a new owner, who has to build a stadium, the football team have to stay competitive on the pitch. Owners will earn millions, our City gets much needed regeneration, as fans, we bitch whether it’s all worth it. Having not competed at the expected levels of this club for the best part of 30 years.

Watford saw him for what he is? They sacked him because they thought he was that wasn’t good enough for them? No. By all accounts (and the money that has changed hands since) he was swayed by joining Everton for the dough we offered and to be the figurehead of what we want to be. I bet he’s gutted they saw through him.

You may not think he’s the right man, your call, but others in charge of the club do, The next five years will define Everton for another generation, on and off the pitch. I’ve seen enough rubbish to know what’s not good enough, but he’s deserves a fair go....Watford reject and al. Get your snake out and hiss if he’s not for you....
You do realise that @MarcelsGoat is taking the urine
You do realise this don't you
Please tell me you do know this

The fact that you dont consider yourself a contradiction is hilarious.
There is no contradictions for me. Here's why:

I expect Everton to be playing in a world class stadium, winning for PL title, winning European trophies, and playing football like the 1982 Zico/Socrates/Falcao-inspired Brazil team.

Anyone standing in the way of at least trying to get to that needs steamrollering.

Dignes numbers aren't sufficiently good to justify Bernard being particularly bad.

For example Perreira, Holebas, Azpilicueta, Bellerin, Doherty, Kolasinac and even Benjamin Mendy (who seemed to be out half the season) created more than Digne last season.

If Digne was our main creative outlet, putting up insanely strong numbers, over and above what is considered normal for a full back then you could make concessions for Bernards work ethic and clever running.

He isn't. And that's not me having a pop at Digne who is a very good LB. That's me saying Bernard's lack of numbers can't be attributed to an 'above average' season from Digne when the statistics just don't bear that out.
Just to highlight, if we could stick to fuming about transfers lads rather than going off one one ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back