Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
For a bit of perspective, the teams we will be challenging next year have completed this business so far. Suspect a few big deals will be done for us along with them, possibly with the exception of West Ham.

Arsenal
In
Gabriel Martinelli (Ituano) £6m
Out
Aaron Ramsey (Juventus) Free
Petr Cech (Retired)
Danny Welbeck (Released)
Cohen Bramall (Released)
Charlie Gilmour (Released)
Stephan Lichtsteiner (Released)
Julio Pleguezuelo (Released)
Jordi Osei-Tutu (VfL Bochum) Loan
Daniel Ballard (Swindon Town) Loan
David Ospina (Napoli) £3.1m
Vontae Daley-Campbell (Leicester) Undisclosed
Ben Sheaf (Doncaster Rovers) Loan

Leicester City
In

James Justin (Luton Town) £6m
Ayoze Perez (Newcastle United) £30m
Vontae Daley-Campbell (Arsenal) Undisclosed
George Hirst (OH Leuvens) Undisclosed
Ali Reghba (Bohemians) Undisclosed
Youri Tielemans (Monaco) £40m
Out
Shinji Okazaki (Released)
Danny Simpson (Released)
Davide Lorenzo (Released)

Manchester United
In
Daniel James (Swansea) £15m
Aaron Wan-Bissaka (Crystal Palace) £50m
Out
Ander Herrera (PSG) Free
Antonio Valencia (LDU Quito) Free
Matthew Olosunde (Released)
James Wilson (Aberdeen) Free
Regan Poole (Released)
Kieran O'Hara (Burton Albion) Loan

West Ham United
In
Roberto (Espanyol) Free
David Martin (Millwall) Free
Pablo Fornals (Villarreal) £25m
Sebastian Haller (Eintracht Frankfurt) £36m
Out
Adrian (Released)
Andy Carroll (Released)
Keith Arnautovic (SIPG) £22.5m
Samir Nasri (Released)
Toni Martinez (Released)
Moses Makasi (Released)
Lucas Perez (Alaves) £2m
Noha Sylvestre (Neuchatal Xamax) Free
Vashon Neufville (Released)
Josh Pask (Coventry City) Free
Edimilson Fernandes (Mainz) £6.7m
Nathan Trott (AFC Wimbledon) Loan
Martin Samuelsen (FK Haugesund) Loan

Wolverhampton Wanderers
In
Raul Jimenez (Benfica) £34m
Hong Wan (Yeovil Town) Undisclosed
Raphael Nya (PSG) Undisclosed
Leander Dendoncker (Anderlecht) £12m
Tsun Dai (Oxford United) Undisclosed
Out
Ethan Ebanks-Landell (Shrewsbury Town) Free
Michal Zyro (Released)
Carlos Heredia (Released)
Ben Goodliffe (Released)
Aaron Hayden (Released)
Diego Lattie (Released)
Enzo Sauvage (Released)
Christian Herc (Viktoria Plzen) Loan
Kortney Hause (Aston Villa) £3m
Ryan Giles (Shrewsbury Town) Loan
Pedro Goncalves (FC Famalicao) Undisclosed
Joao Dias (FC Famalicao) Undisclosed
Helder Costa (Leeds) Loan
Ivan Cavaleiro (Fulham) Loan
Ryan Leak (Burgos) Undisclosed

As it stands, none of them have really improved or done anything other than lash ridiculous amounts of money on average or unproven players. Wolves and leicester have just signed their loan players with leicester spending 20m too much on perez.

I know all too well how businesses are run and how negotiations work mate.

The club will have valuations for all of those players. Let's take Bolasie for example. We paid £25m for him 3 years ago. He still has 2 years remaining at £75,000 per week. He's barely 30 and did well at a Champions League club in Anderlecht last year.

Let's assume the club have placed a £10m valuation on him, which isn't unrealistic. There will definitely be clubs interested in Bolasie, they just may not be interested at £10m. Drop that to £7m with us offering to pay a % of his wages for the next 2 years and there may be a lot more concrete interest. That applies to all of the aforementioned dross that we want rid of.

My point is, if the thing that is blocking the improvement of the playing squad is the presence of several personnel who have outstayed their welcome (and who's value is only going to diminish from here), then a club with real ambition would take the hit on those players to allow the team to move forward, rather than standing firm on a valuation that doesn't look like being met, at the cost of the current playing staff.

Mate, the whole world knows this but their value is still their value. Too often we give players away cheap and fans moan.

The turks offering 1mil for Morgs loan, by your reckoning we just take it despite the fact he should actually sell for 8-10 or whatever his value is.#

If clubs had offered anywhere near a fair price for our players we would have sold by now. Vlasic for instance. Leipzig appear to be playing daft over Lookman, consequently t has stalled

Simple business matey.

Mate, the whole world knows this but their value is still their value. Too often we give players away cheap and fans moan.

The turks offering 1mil for Morgs loan, by your reckoning we just take it despite the fact he should actually sell for 8-10 or whatever his value is.#

If clubs had offered anywhere near a fair price for our players we would have sold by now. Vlasic for instance. Leipzig appear to be playing daft over Lookman, consequently t has stalled

Simple business matey.

Lookman is in Germany today, so would seem that one is agreed.

Simple business matey.

Well now you're being silly. I'm not for one second suggesting we "just take it" and accept whatever is on offer. My point is that we have our valuation, they have theirs. If the club was more willing to get a deal done then a suitable compromise can always be reached. Our definition of a 'fair price' could be worlds apart from theirs. The fact is if you have two parties in a room who want a deal done, a deal will be done.

Fans wouldn't moan one bit if we sold all of those players on the cheap, and it free'd up the necessary wages to prompt a new signing to improve the playing squad. If their very presence is what is holding the team back, then a club with genuine ambitions to be amongst the very best would do what is necessary to get them off the payroll.

If the whole world knows this, then the club should apply this very simple logic to enable the team to push on. Unless, as suggested, our ambitions have been tempered and Mosh isn't willing to invest as much as is necessary to push this team on.

I wish some would give Calvert-Lewin a chance. He fits so well into the way we play, and besides goals, was one of our best players against some top opposition that we beat coming to the end of the season. He's only just turned 22 and he's still got time to improve--the goals may come! We absolutely need an top striker too, but I don't think he's done anything wrong, to get the flack he's gets from some in here. Now our team is settled besides missing Zouma, and poss Gueye (from some reports the last 24 hours, he may not even be going now) I reckon if we start where we left off last season, we can feel very positive. I wouldn't be arsed if we won every game 1-0 like Moyes's 4th place year, I'd bite your hand off for it

Surprised there's still no team that's came in for Ziyech, given that he's a left footed, right sided player and can cover the central attacking mid spot you'd think he'd be an ideal target for us.

Bring him in, some boss defensive mid to replace Gana, some boss centre half, some boss right back to challenge Coleman and some boss striker to do the goals and we're set.
There is probably a few reasons why knowledgeable football people who get paid to scout and recruit players have not bid for him ,while lads on the internet who play FIFA love him

Well now you're being silly. I'm not for one second suggesting we "just take it" and accept whatever is on offer. My point is that we have our valuation, they have theirs. If the club was more willing to get a deal done then a suitable compromise can always be reached. Our definition of a 'fair price' could be worlds apart from theirs. The fact is if you have two parties in a room who want a deal done, a deal will be done.

Fans wouldn't moan one bit if we sold all of those players, even if only for £1m, and it free'd up the necessary wages to prompt a new signing to improve the playing squad.

If the whole world knows this, then the club should apply this very simple logic to enable the team to push on. Unless, as suggested, our ambitions have been tempered and Mosh isn't willing to invest as much as is necessary to push this team on.

Jesus

If the club was more willing to get a deal done then a suitable compromise can always be reached. Our definition of a 'fair price' could be worlds apart from theirs. The fact is if you have two parties in a room who want a deal done, a deal will be done

It still has to be a fair price mate, Brands has been praised for his dealing in both buying and sales,I can asure you he knows the way it works. You really seem to think otherwise.

Unless, as suggested, our ambitions have been tempered and Mosh isn't willing to invest as much as is necessary to push this team on.

Regardless, we have too many players and too high wage bill, when these are reduced we can (and will) splash the cash.

We can't just give players away, that is a worse business model than that of Walsh and Koeman which is what got us in this mess. I imagine you would deal in a similar fashion.

There is probably a few reasons why knowledgeable football people who get paid to scout and recruit players have not bid for him ,while lads on the internet who play FIFA love him

I'm sure those knowledgable football people at Ajax, one of Footballs great institutions, who recruited him only a couple of years ago and who have seen him play out of his skin since, will be happy enough with that outcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back