Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Schrodingers Director of Football: does good business, gets good deals, avoids panic buying that saddles the club with bad contracts long term, AND closes everything first week of the window at the same time

On point 2: Again, I'm not insinuating we give players away. I'm stating that the club appears to be too firm on their valuations of these players, otherwise there would have been some movement. . We have our valuation, they have theirs, let's get a deal done and move on. Instead we're holding firm and hanging on to players who will continue to be paid the same high wages for the remainder of their contracts and could eventually leave for free. Businesses frequently cut their losses on assets if it enables them to move forward. That boils down to ambition.

On point 1: How can you assure me that Brands knows best? I'm not saying the bloke is incapable, nor am I professing him to be best in class. There is no evidence to support either argument. I'm just keeping an open mind before proclaiming any saviours. You mention Walsh, he came here with a great reputation too. Until Brands is selling players above their market value and identifying & signing players below their market value, he's still got lot's to prove here.
How the hell is brands meant to sell Niasse, Mirallas, Bolasie etc... For fees above market level? They are all on double the wages they should be and can't get into our first team. Could anyone achieve that?? The sales he's achieved of our crap up to now has been really good, and if he manages to replace them with decent players, then he's a miracle worker. Gomes for 22m is an excellent piece of business, as I believe Delph will turn out to be. He can't make Zouma come if he doesn't want and Chelsea don't want to sell.

Doesn't really matter does it?

Aren't going to win anything next season, aren't going to get relegated - We'll just float around existing in the primordial soup of the Premier League midtable

No point wasting money on the unobtainable

All a bit worrying? Not long to buy players?

Plenty of time. Players have to leave before we buy. Lookman leaving will see someone then come in. Same as with gueye. You dont replace them before they leave.

Several of the dross who arent around the 1st team squad will just go when they go. But the 25 man squad will only be added to when someone from it leaves. (Other than CB which should have been done early).

Lewin was our "main man" through the best run of form towards the end of last season.
What makes you think that cant carry on.
What makes me think it can’t carry on is other teams improving their squads around us and DCL’s atrocious scoring record.

If you think we can progress with him as our main striker, more fool you.

Aren't going to win anything next season, aren't going to get relegated - We'll just float around existing in the primordial soup of the Premier League midtable

Sssshhhhhhh, don't say what we already know, but won't admit to this is basically what it is to support Everton, but every August, we still believe!

What makes me think it can’t carry on is other teams improving their squads around us and DCL’s atrocious scoring record.

If you think we can progress with him as our main striker, more fool you.

which feckin teams? its been repeatedly pointed out that no one has really improved their squad that much yet

Need a cuddle, friend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back