Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
File Zaha under Mitrovic. Probably mildly interested in him at best. Makes no sense as we’re never getting near that transfer fee.

Think selling Gana for £28m is too cheap, but presumably we’ve got a replacement close or we wouldn’t have agreed a deal. Got faith in Brands to have got a replacement sorted ahead of time. Big shoes to fill too. Not entertaining the idea that we won’t sign one because that’d be up there with not replacing Lukaku.

Who do you think could replace gueye

Certainly not him.

We're not going to be able to replace him, unfortunately. He's the best in Europe - bar Kante - at what he does.

The reason I'm so annoyed that he's going is that it means changing the system which could (not definitely will) take time, and we can't afford that. But it is what it is.

In the short term, I see Delph being able to give us the flexibility to switch to a 4-3-3 or - in the opening weeks of the season - have a 4-2-3-1 with him and Gomes. But our midfield will lack protection.

The Gana 'replacement' will have to be someone that comes close to being able to play a real holding role but also have the energy and pace off the mark to get about. Someone in the Ndidi mould.

I've seen Sangare play once, but the footy hipsters rave about him. I'm not too sure.

Another option would be go all out for Doucoure or that type of player who at least offers a bit of presence, but he won't plug the gap defensively and if he's signed to be a holding midfielder then it's a waste.

Honestly, I think letting Gana go is a huge risk.

The ‘everything’s fine’ brigade are definitely worse than the bed wetters now.

There’s no need for people to panic, but let’s not pretend this is all going swimmingly. It looks like we’re going to be 2 key players down on a side that needed improving in a few areas as it is.

By all means tell people not to go overboard but acting like it’s all guaranteed to end well is weird.

I don’t think many if any are saying that everything is fine, there are just some - myself included - that are happy to assume it WILL be. There’s two weeks left and we’ve shown we can get a deal over the line very shortly after the stories in the media break, so it is entirely likely that we’ll end up with a few players - perhaps even some that haven’t even been discussed on this dumpster fire of a thread yet.

I don’t think many if any are saying that everything is fine, there are just some - myself included - that are happy to assume it WILL be. There’s two weeks left and we’ve shown we can get a deal over the line very shortly after the stories in the media break, so it is entirely likely that we’ll end up with a few players - perhaps even some that haven’t even been discussed on this dumpster fire of a thread yet.
100% sense

Kin hope not. For one, it makes zero sense from a football point of view, as in, we have more pressing issues than his position.

For two, its an insane way to spend £80m, even if we have that to splash around.

For Three, the player himself has said he wants to leave Palace for CL football.
I can’t see us signing Zaha as part of our general dealing in this window. The only possibility would be if Usmanov gave Moshiri a gift voucher for his birthday for £80m.

Selling a proven quality player and going for him at the same price would seem strange business.

@Nymzee tell me I'm wrong

Selling a player at his highest remaining value, granting a great servant possibly his dream move, for a young player with bags of potential but also enough talent to start for us now? Seems okay to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back