Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I stand by every word, in fact id go so far to say that is exactly what we got in the time before his injury.

Wasting your time mate, people only want to remember how he was after his injury, it helps them with their spiteful lives.

Truth be told, he was injured after 4 months so we never even got to see what he could do over a season and judge him properly.

....I compare them because I think they are both ‘complicated’ footballers, who play with no real direction or in areas of the pitch where they are most effective. Perhaps Silva can get him playing with more purpose and get in areas where the opposition can be hurt.
Zaha definitely does play with direction, straight towards the penalty box

We also need a RB.
Not essential IMO. Holgate can cover there and this Gbamin lad can do so too if we sign him.

I'm not saying that we don't need cover there, just that there are more important needs such as centre back, striker, another wideman now Lookman has gone, and a Gana replacement. If we have money left over for a RB at the end of all that well fine, but I wouldn't be surprised to see a last second loan move for Arias

I won't suggest for a second that bolasie was anything other than a flop, but I do think it's worth remembering that he had an awful, awful injury half way through his first season. Prior to that, whilst not being brilliant, he'd done alright and deffo had a connection with Lukaku.
Not worth the money we paid, but also not a complete failure. He looked like half the player (at best) when he came back from injury. Not his fault tbf

I remember one game, against Sunderland he looked good. Other than that we got what the majority expected, a cart horse. No surprise that after he got injured we went on a decent patch in the new year

Dont know mate, i remember when Lukaku was isolated up top and we struggled in transition, Bolaise had really good pace and helped with an out ball, making up yards and a foil for Lukaku, i think Del was good to at it for a time.

Ill take the rip though in fairness, good find! ;)

For 80m you expect elite players none of which elite players would come to Everton, therefore we need to pay over the odds for very good players that other clubs refuse to match.

I think Zaha wouldn't perform to the same level for Everton as he does Palace.

Their entire setup compliments him.

Bolasie is a lazy comparison and I think he's better than Bolasie but fee in mind... yeah... Bolasie V2.
THE BOSS HAS SPOKEN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back