Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You know that was faked? Disney made a documentary in the 50s and the film crew threw the lemmings off the cliff.

Taken from Alaska department of fish and game...

"According to a 1983 investigation by Canadian Broadcasting Corporation producer Brian Vallee, the lemming scenes were faked. The lemmings supposedly committing mass suicide by leaping into the ocean were actually thrown off a cliff by the Disney filmmakers. The epic "lemming migration" was staged using careful editing, tight camera angles and a few dozen lemmings running on snow covered lazy-Susan style turntable."
I've just had to put the kettle after watching that.

You know that was faked? Disney made a documentary in the 50s and the film crew threw the lemmings off the cliff.

Taken from Alaska department of fish and game...

"According to a 1983 investigation by Canadian Broadcasting Corporation producer Brian Vallee, the lemming scenes were faked. The lemmings supposedly committing mass suicide by leaping into the ocean were actually thrown off a cliff by the Disney filmmakers. The epic "lemming migration" was staged using careful editing, tight camera angles and a few dozen lemmings running on snow covered lazy-Susan style turntable."

Fitting for this thread then

Agree with you there, but there's still time. As proven last year, you can bring in multiple players in one day. In a perfect world our business would have been done and we'd be heading into the season with a fully settled squad. Was never going to happen though, was it?

You're of course entitled to your opinion, but just seems to me that life could be so much better if you tried to see the positive side of things for once in your life, or at least here on GOT, as I don't know anything about you away from this forum.

Instead of 'we only have 11 days left', maybe you could look at it as, 'we still have 11 days left'. Worry about it when the time is there to worry about it.
Yeah, I get it now.

I must remind myself that it's only 24 years since we last won a trophy.

So, this is a rather surreal sunday morning. I hardly drink these days but am suffering a hangover this morning after a little session. That's ok, I'll catch up with the transfer gossip, that'll relieve my throbbing skull. Instead, I am lay here pondering whether Lemmings are suicidal or if I transcribe to the conspiracy theory of the documentary being 'fake news'. The worlds gone mad. Its Trump's fault (his and Bill Kenwright's)

Of course you don’t see any positives, Dave. If you won the lottery you’d be straight to complaining that your wallet was too heavy.

You spent all last summer insisting Pickford would be sold to fund our spending and you were completely wrong.

Weird how you patronise posters on here, calling them naive for believing information that comes directly from the club and yet some internet virgin on GOT makes up a rumour about Richarlison leaving and you’re “refusing to dismiss it” lol

You’re so desperate to be negative and contrary that you can’t even keep a consistent approach.
I'd trust many long time posters on her more than I'd trust anyone at that club, that's for sure.

I'm pretty relaxed about the idea of Richardson going. Don't get me wrong I want him to stay but if he goes we'll get a massive fee for him. Which we can reinvest and maybe even ring fence some for the stadium.
We will never compete selling our best players. Particularly those with their best years ahead of them.

What's happening with Onyekuru? Surely gets a work permit now after his year with Galatasaray and also played 10 intl games in the past year.
I'd literally forgotten he existed at our club? The silence over his situation is weird
I can only think that we're not going to get a work permit for him, so we're trying to sell him before it comes out. Part of me wants to see him here to give him a chance, but part of me wants him sold in case he's not Premier league quality and we get stuck with him, until a Turkish team offer 12p to loan him until his contract ends

Yeah, I get it now.

I must remind myself that it's only 24 years since we last won a trophy.
Fully aware of that myself and yes, it's been far too long that for a club like Everton. Still no reason for me to get ultra negative about all things concerning Everton. As I see it, we finally seem fully committed, after years and years of accepting mediocrity on board level, to have a real go at challenging the top teams. Won't happen overnight, if indeed it happens ever.

Just imo it's strange that you find a way to give a negative spin to all things Everton try to do and sometimes fail to do. Guess that's what makes you happy in some strange bended way. So who am I to stop you? Carry on as you where

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back