Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont get fans who say "why pay £70 million for Zaha when we need a striker"

But bidding that for Zaha doesnt mean we still cant sign a striker ie. Kean for £35-40 million.

Who cares about the fee aslong as the player improves us I dont care about what we pay.

Im more worried when we spend money regardless of the fee on players who DONT improve us ie. Bolasie, Tosun, Walcott etc.
Pointless worrying about the money after you’ve bought the dud.
He’s a good player in the right situation, I just don’t believe Everton will be the right situation for him.
Plus I wouldn’t like to think the large fee would restrict our spending on other ,more vital ,positions.

To be fair, there would be a lot of questions asked about spending that much on either of them.

Personally think we'll sign him about £60/65 million maybe rising to £70 with add ons.

We signed Richarlison for £40 million who had 1 season in english football with half of that being dreadful yet he's proven worth the money.

WHU have signed Haller for £45 million
Newcastle Joelinton for £40 million

At 26 Zaha is starting to enter his prime and for me is worth the punt.

As much as I want him here, im with Palace on this one.

Regardless of if he wants to leave its not up to him. He was happy enough when he signed a new deal last year to get £££, its not as if Palace were chasing CL football then. If he wasnt so short sighted he would be in a better bargaining position and could be at a european team now.

He's a major difference between staying in the PL and relegation so they are entitled to ask for as much as they want. I'd be happy to pay the £65/70 mill for him though.

We can 100% get 10-15 million from Palace for Mccarthy. They're desperate for bodies in the door.
I can see it being done and structured in the way Bolasie deal was, ad-don's that are hard to reach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back