Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
One is a top class international champion with a top notch all round skillset desired my Manchester United for £56mil

The other is Wilf Zaha

Not sure what Man Utd wanting him has to do with anything? That’s hardly a ringing endorsement. Their recruitment has been shocking for the last 4-5 years.

It's a funny one - Ryan Fraser got 7 goals and 14 assists with hardly any of the fanfare of Zaha

he did have a bit of fanfare at the end of the season over going to Arsenal but the way it just shut right down makes me wonder if Fraser is doing or has done a deal with someone to either go on a free next summer or on the cheap in January.
He's available for £25-30m

Another thing that seems odd is Zaha is a luxury player who won't track back apparently. Not a Silva type. This feels an opportunist bid. But Palace want 80m cash, I can't see us going go to that fee.

nah, i reckon they'd take £60m now or £80m paid over the length of the contract

Another thing that seems odd is Zaha is a luxury player who won't track back apparently. Not a Silva type. This feels an opportunist bid. But Palace want 80m cash, I can't see us going go to that fee.
They’ll get nothing like that.

£60-65m will see it done i reckon.

I think, unless arsenal come back for him, he’s ours.

Palace will need all the money up front as they will need to spend it immediately.

They will get relegated otherwise as Zaha is their only good player.

Yep they want the full amount now not in instalments or part player so I do not think we will manage this signing if this is the case.

The Zaha transfer depends now on Zaha , how badly does he want to leave Palace or how much does he want to join Everton ?

Palace don't need money after selling Wan Bissaka so the only thing that could force them to sell would be a player who is creating a stink at the club... that is what happens when a player decides he wants to leave... usually.

I can only imagine that we did not bid without first getting encouragement from the player and/or his agent/s . I think there is quite a bit to run on this yet and it could be a deadline day story.

You know, I see this as a sigurdsson like signing. Big money on probably the best player outside the top 6.

I’m happy with the £45m we spent there.

I think this will work out the same way.
If we end up paying less than 50m, ill be okay with it. Anything over, feels highly irresponsible.

In a better team with better attackers and a side more focused on attacking then defending you'd expect him to do as well if not better surely.

Personally I'd expect him to get over 10 goals for us this season.
I know what you mean, and there's a lot of merit in what you're saying, but i'm not sure I agree.

I just think Zaha is a great fit at Palace. He's given a lot of leeway as he's far and away their best player, so if he goes on a mad dribble 40 yards across the pitch that ends with him losing the ball it's fine, nobody minds and the team is set up to cover for him. That isn't going to be the case here. If he does that the crowd will get on his back and he'll be out of position putting us under pressure. Whether he can adapt to playing in an actual position rather than being given free licence to do what he wants while remaining as effective as he has been for Palace isn't a given for me.

I'm not completely against signing him, and you may well be right that he flourishes with better players etc, but i'm just not totally convinced personally. That being said, obviously my opinion doesn't matter, and if he's the one Silva and Brands want then I hope we can get it done.

But you could say the same about Richarlison, playing for Watford he only scored 5 goals, yet at Everton he's hitting double figures. More teams would have been likely to come out and attack Watford than Everton, so it depends on the set up of the team he's playing in more than anything really. Zaha could bag 15 in a team that allows more than 2 players out of their own half at a time.

Indeed you could, but he was fresh to the league, barely spoke the language, was a kid and his position changed when Silva left. He hit a massive bump in the road, and nobody is denying that

Zaha is 26, supposedly “brilliant” and in his prime and.

He’s an erratic player, always has and always will be, you can see that by some of passing. Simple passes going wayward. Don’t really care for all this flick fancy footwork crap, it doesn’t make a player.

You know, I see this as a sigurdsson like signing. Big money on probably the best player outside the top 6.

I’m happy with the £45m we spent there.

I think this will work out the same way.
the key difference is we will have a plan for Zaha, with Sigurdsson he came in with Rooney, Klaassen and Vlasic when we already had Barkley… so ended up on the left

Actually he has defensive stats not too far off Bernard and richarlison.

Rico tackles 1.4 interceptions 0.5
Bernard tackle 1.4 interceptions 0.8
Zaha tackles 1.1 interceptions 0.3

As you'd imagine in that palace side you'd think he would be told to stay forward as their main attacking outlet. So wouldn't be back defending the area very much as is shown in the fact he has 0 clerences this season.

Though I do think his stats show he will be willing to get back and help his full back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back