Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Zaha is top quality, and I’d be willing to chuck Tosun and McCarthy into the deal, on top of our 55 million cash deal, to reach Palace’s 80 million valuation.

Brand’s remit isn’t just to get as much ‘value’ as possible, it’s to make us lean as possible through getting rid of the excess fat that has been useless and nothing but a drain to us over the past few years.

McCarthy hasn’t completed a football game since December 2016, and there are currently another four players in his position that would be picked ahead of him right now. He costs us at least 50k a week. To set a value of 8 – 10 million and use him as makeweight in a deal for Zaha is more than fine with me. There isn’t a queue of clubs lining up to buy him, the only rumoured bid has come from Palace, funnily enough.

Tosun isn’t the crappest striker in the world, and a 15 million valuation is probably about right. But he’s a slow lump that is never going to make it in a Silva team, or any other team that genuinely wants to complete with the top 6 teams in the country. He must be on about 60k a week at least, and he’s just not worth it. He’s excess fat that needs shedding.

If it’s what required to meet Palace’s valuation, I’d have no problem throwing those two into the mix along with our 55 million pound cash bid. We’d be much better off for it , imo.

Agree with the logic.

But £55mil cash....for Zaha...not for me.

I think Zaha is top quality, and I’d be willing to chuck Tosun and McCarthy into the deal, on top of our 55 million cash deal, to reach Palace’s 80 million valuation.

Brand’s remit isn’t just to get as much ‘value’ as possible, it’s to make us lean as possible through getting rid of the excess fat that has been useless and nothing but a drain to us over the past few years.

McCarthy hasn’t completed a football game since December 2016, and there are currently another four players in his position that would be picked ahead of him right now. He costs us at least 50k a week. To set a value of 8 – 10 million and use him as makeweight in a deal for Zaha is more than fine with me. There isn’t a queue of clubs lining up to buy him, the only rumoured bid has come from Palace, funnily enough.

Tosun isn’t the crappest striker in the world, and a 15 million valuation is probably about right. But he’s a slow lump that is never going to make it in a Silva team, or any other team that genuinely wants to complete with the top 6 teams in the country. He must be on about 60k a week at least, and he’s just not worth it. He’s excess fat that needs shedding.

If it’s what required to meet Palace’s valuation, I’d have no problem throwing those two into the mix along with our 55 million pound cash bid. We’d be much better off for it , imo.

Great font.

Clearly you havent seen Crystal Palace play even once (or twice) a season as youre comparing them to Everton Football Club.

You're comparing him being a focal point and main player in a team with a totally different style of play to freely admitting he'd be lined up with two other players with arguably superior ability.

As for the head trauma comment...pretty much adds to the nonsense post you made.

What are you on about? you know what mate you're the master of posting nothing.

That post right there is nothing. You have not replied to a single point I made yet made out like you've just had me off :lol:.

So you think a) zaha won't be a focal point of our team if we sign him? And b) you think zaha is more suited to playing a long ball with a static forward percentages game then our high pressing counter attacking game?

I've watched them a hell of alot more then you sunshine, while you're watching the Iranian under 12 division or something some of us watch actual men's football.

If you will though my friend why don't you try to explain to me what was actually wrong with my statment rather then just telling me it's wrong?

Conversely, no guarantee Zaha has a season like last, or that he suits our playing style.

In a better team with better attackers and a side more focused on attacking then defending you'd expect him to do as well if not better surely.

Personally I'd expect him to get over 10 goals for us this season.

Another thing that seems odd is Zaha is a luxury player who won't track back apparently. Not a Silva type. This feels an opportunist bid. But Palace want 80m cash, I can't see us going go to that fee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back