Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The point is though, as it's always been, anyone can put a compilation video together to make any player look good (I'm not saying Zaha isn't a good player by the way)

But you’re implying a few things. 1 he’s not worth 55m, 2 we’ve bought players in the past who look boss on YouTube who end up disappointing (I’m including our set piece taker) for the money we spend, and that it would be upsetting to know that the new regime makes the same errors. And I, for one, totally agree.

If he does sign I hope he’s boss, I just have the same bolasie feeling.

How did Pienaar get on at spurs when he moved from us to them... with their better attackers and a side more focused on attacking than defending?

Problem with better attacking teams is that the opposition set up in a defensive line - which is our issue, unlocking 2 banks of 4.

How did palace and zaha get on at home where teams set up more defensively?? That’s how most teams will set up against us.

I think pienaars main issue when he joined spurs was the fact that he was a left winger in a team where bale had just moved to left wing.

I loved pienaar but he was never getting near that squad for spurs.

Also one of pienaars main streanths at Everton was his relationship with Baines who was the best attacking LB in the leauge at that point. Compared to at spurs where they had assou ekotto who was a more defensive minded LB to composite for bale.

For me pienaar was a top player going into a system that didn't suit his style and behind one of if not the best left winger in the leauge. Where zaha is going from a defensive side to a side who play high pressing counter attacking football with the best left back in the leauge.

I just don't think it's the same thing but I do get your point about circumstance.

Yeah kind of guessed that half way through but didn’t want to just ignor you . I always used to say Dunc was good with his feet but I think we all agree he couldn’t dribble worth toffee .

He was actually decent technically but injuries and loving a header makes us all forget that.

No not quite, what I’m saying is he has far space at Palace than he would at us. Teams play completely different against them will not has compact as they would against us.

They wouldn’t put 2 men on anyone, they just blanket 8/9 players behind the ball, he doesn’t have the creative edge to carve teams open. He’ll run down the wing or try and flick it back and run into a waiting mass of players

Same thing applies to DCL he has his good games against the top sides that attack us and in the other 90% of fixtures he struggles. Like mentioned before that’s when you need a David Silva type

Same thing applies to DCL he has his good games against the top sides that attack us and in the other 90% of fixtures he struggles. Like mentioned before that’s when you need a David Silva type
Signing David Silva would solve nearly all sides problems like.

3 minutes and 12 seconds until the first impressive thing in that video.
Why does he insist so much on rolling his studs on top of the ball any chance he gets to front a defender up. If he fidnt do that so much hed have a bit more about him. Cant believe thats never been coached out of him. Its the sort of thing youd tell kids off for trying to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back