Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does he insist so much on rolling his studs on top of the ball any chance he gets to front a defender up. If he fidnt do that so much hed have a bit more about him. Cant believe thats never been coached out of him. Its the sort of thing youd tell kids off for trying to do.

His Soccer AM contract stipulates he must do it 20 times a game minimum.

I know what you mean, and there's a lot of merit in what you're saying, but i'm not sure I agree.

I just think Zaha is a great fit at Palace. He's given a lot of leeway as he's far and away their best player, so if he goes on a mad dribble 40 yards across the pitch that ends with him losing the ball it's fine, nobody minds and the team is set up to cover for him. That isn't going to be the case here. If he does that the crowd will get on his back and he'll be out of position putting us under pressure. Whether he can adapt to playing in an actual position rather than being given free licence to do what he wants while remaining as effective as he has been for Palace isn't a given for me.

I'm not completely against signing him, and you may well be right that he flourishes with better players etc, but i'm just not totally convinced personally. That being said, obviously my opinion doesn't matter, and if he's the one Silva and Brands want then I hope we can get it done.

Yeah this is a issue I imagine at Everton he'd be given less of a free role and we would have to see if he can adapt to that to get the best out of him. Also would have to see if he can create a partnership with digne. Something which I think was lacking when richarlison played on the left compared to when Bernard played there. As anything that takes away from dignes involvement in our team is a detriment to us.

There will always be concernes when it comes to bringing new starting players into the team especially for such a big amount. If Silva wants him though and brands is given it the okay I'd imagine they have a plan.

Honestlyif we get zaha and kean I believe we will have one of the best attacks in the leauge definitely top 5 in terms of attack.

But I'm a optimist :lol:

But you’re implying a few things. 1 he’s not worth 55m, 2 we’ve bought players in the past who look boss on YouTube who end up disappointing (I’m including our set piece taker) for the money we spend, and that it would be upsetting to know that the new regime makes the same errors. And I, for one, totally agree.

If he does sign I hope he’s boss, I just have the same bolasie feeling.

I could probably just about take us paying £50m for him mate, but l wouldn't be saying to myself that the club have done a boss bit of business there.

Apparently Juve have now said they want to be given an option to match any acceptable offers for Kean we may receive in future.

1st option if you will...

Didn't Graveson leave in January when we were well on course for champions league? And he was instrumental. Dire straights we were in then. What Moyes had to put up with. Imagine us letting that happen now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back