Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Weird post. Everton have decided they can get better value elsewhere. Why would we offer way more than he's worth to us ? Where's the evidence that Palace want to be landed with Tosun and McCarthy ?

Sorry, I'd love to provide more basic reasoning to you, but you'd probably find it more weird.

A 55 million pound bid woudnt be down a list of targets surely

If we make that bid in June, I'd agree, but making our 1st bid 2 weeks before the season starts? Almost like we have missed out on our other targets and we are desperately trying to make a marquee signing.

Unless of course it is a smokescreen. But we are cutting it fine.

I can't help but feel there is more to this story.
Did we make a second bid, probably not.

Did we make an enquiry about cash plus players, yes, we probably did.

I find it hard to believe we would make a bid for a player which would shatter our transfer record and just walk away when it was rejected, which was always going to happen with such a low bid.

So let me get this straight. Most on here were saying that Zaha was not worth anywhere near the 80 million quoted and now we have bid somewhere in the 50's people are saying we should have bid higher to get him??? So we want to bid higher for a player we do not think is worth that much???

So let me get this straight. Most on here were saying that Zaha was not worth anywhere near the 80 million quoted and now we have bid somewhere in the 50's people are saying we should have bid higher to get him??? So we want to bid higher for a player we do not think is worth that much???
Yes mate.

I think some may think he's worth more than £50m but less than £80m. Hope that helps.

I think some may think he's worth more than £50m but less than £80m. Hope that helps.

This.
But also, i just find it strange to have being willing to readily smash our transfer record (even though we knew £55m would get rejected) and then just walk away when it got turned down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back