Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If it’s over then very strange to lash £55m at someone and then just walk away at the first refusal. Hardly an inconsiderable sum and for that you would reasonably imagine he was the number 1 target.

...possibly, but it sounds like Palace and Everton ‘agreed’ the discussion was over. That could mean we’ve been told he’s definitely not moving this summer, or perhaps a deal is in place elsewhere. Chelsea or Arsenal at some future date might be the outcome.

You could be right, though.

Poor Marco must be dreading training each day, having to involve the likes of Besic, McCarthy, Mirallas, Bolasie, (Martina?), et al, when it's clear as day they'll not get a kin minute on the field between them all season. Don't even bother sending them to train with the u17s, just get them working 9-6 in the Finch Farm canteen.

...possibly, but it sounds like Palace and Everton ‘agreed’ the discussion was over. That could mean we’ve been told he’s definitely not moving this summer, or perhaps a deal is in place elsewhere. Chelsea or Arsenal at some future date might be the outcome.

You could be right, though.
My concern is why we fired in such a huge bid this late in the window leaving us with limited time to move onto new targets. Of course they are other irons in the fire etc but you wouldn’t imagine too many others at £55m a pop.

I can’t help but think something has gone amiss in the strategy for the window and that I need to go buy waterproof sheets.

I’m a fan of the Lemina shouts. I’m still mind boggled that Southampton we’re able to sign Lemina from Juve a couple years ago. He’s a true box to box player and has it all in his locker

I’m a fan of the Lemina shouts. I’m still mind boggled that Southampton we’re able to sign Lemina from Juve a couple years ago. He’s a true box to box player and has it all in his locker
Just like Tadic who shined immediately after leaving Southampton. Lemina could be good. That said, if he's a bell end then I'd rather we swerve him.

I don't think it's that weird. If we try to independently sell Tosun or McCarthy knowing they were a makeweight in Zaha deal reduces their value. It also suggests we have a take it or leave it stance on transfers to those trying to negotiate for higher prices.

The 'end of the matter' bit is the weird part. It's an odd statement in that regard (and an odd tactic to just give in after one bid, if that's the case).

As has been quoted if kean is a beast then we may struggle to keep him anyway.

However, Surely a compromise along the lines of:

No buy back clause end of this season

High clause 2nd season

Clause nearer to what juve want 3rd season

Is what is likely to be agreed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back