Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder what today will bring?
Time to bring in our 'other' targets. More than one position (not just an attacking winger) needs filling and has done all window.
Lets at least make some progress this week and then maybe a couple on the last day or two (loans maybe).

What happens if we bring our 'other' targets now but our main targets become availible closer to the window closing

Never liked Zaha, and you know, with VAR, and especially if he were to join us, he'd instantly stop being awarded penalties.

And without that he's a waste of space as he barely scores goals, which you need to as an attacking midfielder.

30-40m would be about right for him, but I genuinely hope we do not sign him. He wants a top club, and if he ends up at us it'd be seen in his eyes as a stepping stone at best.

Brands is supposed to be one of the best in his field, I wish he'd start to show it.

The problem is the sell on clause with Man Utd, they get 25%, so I think Palace are trying to get 25% extra. For me I would rather we spent £45m on Malcom than £80m on Zaha. If we could have got Zaha for £55m and Mccarthy going the other way, that would have been OK, but there has to be a point where you say, that's enough and walk away. It doesn't mean it's over, because often with the window, selling clubs change their mind as it gets closer to the end of the window and they need the money from selling 1 player to buy 2 players they want

I think it is generally bad if players think management is tossing them in offers to other teams without letting the players know it is happening. It's probably for the best that the entire squad thinks Brands is being 100% up front with his intentions. I know I do this a lot but it is a pretty common thing in American sports where player for player trades happen more for the front office to put guys in offers and deny it with full force if it ever comes up in the press.

Think about if your boss was offering you to company's in London without asking you about it. Personally I'd be livid.
But Everton have made a statement saying it didn't happen. Someone, probably sky, made it up.

Its their last contract years. McCarthy will go to palace or Scotland, Besic to the Championship, Niasse probably after the window to like Turkey for a few million, etc. We aren't getting big fees for these guys so not sure with the possible exception of Tosun, who isn't awful, and McCarthy that it matters if they are still here after the deadline.

Totally agree, also have to remember that the premier league deadline day, is not the only deadline day, we can still sell and loan players out to teams abroad after this date. I think Tosun going will depend on who comes in, he is not first choice, but without him there is only DCL or Richarlison as CF

All down to Zaha to push for the move now that it is all out in the open. I think £60m would get it over the line if he gets into a strop over it.

...sounds like it’s over, Matey, i’m sure the club know his feelings, Hodgson confirmed Zaha and the club Chairman are very close and in daily contact. He’ll get his move, it’s just a matter of when and where. Also, he won’t want to lose 10% of the considerable fee by putting in a transfer request.

All down to Zaha to push for the move now that it is all out in the open. I think £60m would get it over the line if he gets into a strop over it.

Suspect £60m and McCarthy would do it if he threw a wobbly, only thing is I doubt he’d go nuclear for us. For Arsenal he probably would’ve done, but for us? Seems very unlikely. I say we move on to our next target.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back