Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bolasie did before he blew his knee out.

If Zaha's production from last year is the same with us he is immediately a first XI winger for us no questions asked. Even a little bump upward puts him in the top level in the whole league. Homegrown and no bedding into the league is needed. To me somewhere in the middle of our bid and Palace asking price is fair. The problem is short of Zaha forcing things I'm not sure Palace budge.

I seen him about 5-6 times last season and he was a striker every time and didn’t score once

Disappointed we haven’t been able to shift some deadwood quicker which doesn’t help with incomings. Can’t blame Marcel as he’s just trying to fix years of mess, we need to trim the squad size & wage bill to make incomings justified.

Still hopeful we nail the end of this transfer window.

The bolasie comparison was on dribbling , zaha is better but is over twice the price. To assume he will score more and create more because we are a better team is far from guarateed. Bolasie didn’t , Beattie didn’t, Andre Johnson didn’t Lukaku didn’t when he left us. I would rather spend the money on two players with higher portentoal

Not even mad. Kind of impressed.

I wonder what today will bring?
Time to bring in our 'other' targets. More than one position (not just an attacking winger) needs filling and has done all window.
Lets at least make some progress this week and then maybe a couple on the last day or two (loans maybe).

I heard Chris Eagles is up for a return to the UK. He ripped us a new one back in the day. Worth a punt?

....yesterday wasn’t the manic Monday we hoped for, and our rumours have turned into sagas. Regardless, here’s the Toffee transfer round up for Tuesday morning, 30th July:

- After The Liverpool Echo reported Everton were unlikely to take any further interest in Crystal Palace’s Wilfried Zaha, Sky Sports said the Toffees had submitted an improved offer of £55m for the 26 year old plus James McCarthy and Cenk Tosun. This resulted in Everton issuing a statement rejecting the latest claim: ‘A bid was made over the weekend which was turned down. Both clubs agreed that was the end of the matter.’

- According to JuveFC.com, Juventus striker, Moise Kean is on the verge of joining Everton. Journalist Romeo Agresti says Everton are prepared to meet the €40m fee and the 19 year old has agreed the move. The Bianconeri are insisting on a buy-back clause, the details of which could be holding things up.

- The Daily Mail confirm Everton midfielder, Idrissa Gueye, has passed a medical at PSG ahead of a £30m transfer and is set to be unveiled on Tuesday before flying back to Merseyside to say his farewells and pack his belongings.

- France Football report Celta Vigo’s 24 year old Slovakian, Stanislav Labotka, and Mainz midfielder, Jean-Philippe Gbamin top Everton’s list of replacements for Gueye. German outlet, Fussball Transfers, reckon Mainz have already lined up a replacement for Gbamin in Nantes’ Abdoulaye Toure.

- Sky Sports suggest Everton are keen on Southampton midfielder, Mario Lemina and 21 year old Chelsea defender, Fikayo Tomori. 25 year old Lemina is valued at £20m.

- According to Pulse Nigeria, Everton have again been denied a work permit by the British Home Office for winger Henry Onyekuru and have decided to sell the winger. Turkish outlet, Fotomac, continue to suggest Galatasaray want to sign the 22 year old and are in talks about a possible deal.

- Tottenham Hotspur have apparently joined the race for Barcelona winger, Malcom, but Mundo Deportivo say Everton remain interested in the 22 year old Brazilian winger.

- SportMediaSet say Everton and Spurs are showing interest in Atletico Madrid’s 24 year old Argentinian forward, Angel Correa.

Last edited:

Why would yesterday’s statement disgruntled McCarthy and Tosun? Do you really think they actually believe they have a future here? I think they’re well aware they’re surplus.
I think it is generally bad if players think management is tossing them in offers to other teams without letting the players know it is happening. It's probably for the best that the entire squad thinks Brands is being 100% up front with his intentions. I know I do this a lot but it is a pretty common thing in American sports where player for player trades happen more for the front office to put guys in offers and deny it with full force if it ever comes up in the press.

Think about if your boss was offering you to company's in London without asking you about it. Personally I'd be livid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back