Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I'm not sure why everyone is freakin' out right now. My guess is that Kean and Gbamin will be done by the end of the week. If we move Mirallas, Niasse, Henry, JMac, Besic, and Cuco out for say 35M in fees, which I think is doable, we loan Bolasie out for 40K a week maybe, that's about even with a savings in salary from last year of over 400K a week depending on what we bring Kean and Gbamin in at. That is all doable and sales can happen AFTER the deadline outside of the PL.

Then it's a matter of how aggressive we want to be.

If Gbamin comes in, do we really need Schneiderlin? I can also see us moving Tosun if we can get over 15M. If we go cheaper on CB - say Adam Soumaoro - and someone like Kenny Tete, Raiola client at RB, that's probably a wash on fees and close to 100K a week on salary saved.

Bring in someone like Mariano Diaz on loan, pay Madrid a couple million for a fee on top of his salary (80K a week maybe), and then it's all pure net spend. We want to get Malcom for 40M and say 100K a week, bam. Mosh wants to get Zaha for 60-70, that's a net spend consistent with what we've come to expect with still MASSIVE salary savings of probably STILL 300K a week and likely more depending on any additional loans.

Now that would be impressive, but it's up to Moshiri.
Depends on how much trust you put in Davies really. I'd say yes we should keep him because I don't love any two midfielders from the Delph, Gomes, Davies group playing together.

I don't see the need for bringing in Diaz after signing Kean. DCL and Kean with Richarlison as the emergency option is more than enough. Put all of that money into getting Zaha or Malcom instead.

Young Rooney by a mile
The problem being we sold him right when he hit that point. But even then if there is one player more exciting than Zaha in the last 25 years that isn't really enough to say the guy is smoking crack for suggesting we should get behind the potential Zaha move is it?

It's kind of why I was so disappointed to see Lookman go. Because generally we do not have players with the level of potential to make things happen that he had shown. Zaha would be someone who can do the kind of things that get people out of their seat and win games on his own.

The problem being we sold him right when he hit that point. But even then if there is one player more exciting than Zaha in the last 25 years that isn't really enough to say the guy is smoking crack for suggesting we should get behind the potential Zaha move is it?

It's kind of why I was so disappointed to see Lookman go. Because generally we do not have players with the level of potential to make things happen that he had shown. Zaha would be someone who can do the kind of things that get people out of their seat and win games on his own.

I don’t think zaha is exciting at all , bolasie can dribble like him and I hate him more than Ashley Williams . Arteta was exciting , Rooney was exciting , just seeing him in the team as 16 year old excited me, Barkley was exciting at the beginning all zaha can do is dribble and he often misses passes and chooses wrong options or dribbles into blind alleys and holds the ball to long .

Depends on how much trust you put in Davies really. I'd say yes we should keep him because I don't love any two midfielders from the Delph, Gomes, Davies group playing together.

I don't see the need for bringing in Diaz after signing Kean. DCL and Kean with Richarlison as the emergency option is more than enough. Put all of that money into getting Zaha or Malcom instead.

I thought about that, Diaz might not be necessary, which might make Zaha more gettable. That's sound. Still don't believe a word of the Zaha stuff, though, other than we submitted a bid.

I don't trust Davies at all. I don't trust Gomes, either for that matter, but this is your midfield:

ACM - Siggy/Davies
CM - Gomes/Davies/Delph
DCM - Gbamin/Delph

If Davies was willing to go on loan, I'm happy for us to bring in Ibrahim Sangare.

I just have dreams of Sangare and Gbamin in a double pivot behind Siggy or even Gomes sitting deeper. Zaha running around like a maniac with Richy and Kean hovering around the box. It would be glorious. Glorious I tell you!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don’t think zaha is exciting at all , bolasie can dribble like him and I hate him more than Ashley Williams . Arteta was exciting , Rooney was exciting , just seeing him in the team as 16 year old excited me, Barkley was exciting at the beginning all zaha can do is dribble and he often misses passes and chooses wrong options or dribbles into blind alleys and holds the ball to long .
Bolasie scored 11 career PL goals. Zaha had 10 last season. The only comparison is that they are both wingers at Palace. Zaha for all his skills and tricks is an effective player too. He does have the ability to score and create.

Does he hold the ball too long sometimes? Yeah. Does he give it away too much? Definitely. But he also come into the team and gives us way more pace, ability to beat men with dribbles and ability to get the ball in the net from out wide than anyone we've had in a long time. Richarlison and him is a serious duo in the wide areas. This is not the same as signing Bolasie.

It's a fair critique. He loses the ball more than anyone in the league by a mile. But when you watch film of him playing, he really does have 2 or 3 guys on him every game. He actually attempts way more dribbles a game than Bolasie, really way more than anyone that we are looking at by a mile.

So I have those concerns, but he does make stuff happen and we can kind of be static at times. Malcom would be a better fit, but he's still developing and with just a bit more discipline and a better team, Zaha might be even better and he's already pretty good.

I thought about that, Diaz might not be necessary, which might make Zaha more gettable. That's sound. Still don't believe a word of the Zaha stuff, though, other than we submitted a bid.

I don't trust Davies at all. I don't trust Gomes, either for that matter, but this is your midfield:

ACM - Siggy/Davies
CM - Gomes/Davies/Delph
DCM - Gbamin/Delph

If Davies was willing to go on loan, I'm happy for us to bring in Ibrahim Sangare.

I just have dreams of Sangare and Gbamin in a double pivot behind Siggy or even Gomes sitting deeper. Zaha running around like a maniac with Richy and Kean hovering around the box. It would be glorious. Glorious I tell you!!!!!!!!!!!!
I still worry a lot about the gaps that would open up in a midfield where Gomes pairs with anyone but Gbamin or some other new option. Him and Davies were the reason Spurs scored 6 and him and Delph got opened up more than a couple times by Wigan. This could be off, but I almost feel like if someone like Gbamin isn't signed or they miss time for whatever reason, we would be best having Schneiderlin to come in as he at least tends to be relatively sound positionally.

It's probably too late for a second deep midfielder but I do agree that lineup is nice. It'll definitely require Zaha to be better with his decisions from open play but I think a team with more structure and better players near him will help that. He has an ability to go past people that will create tons of opportunities for others if he makes sound choices.

Never liked Zaha, and you know, with VAR, and especially if he were to join us, he'd instantly stop being awarded penalties.

And without that he's a waste of space as he barely scores goals, which you need to as an attacking midfielder.

30-40m would be about right for him, but I genuinely hope we do not sign him. He wants a top club, and if he ends up at us it'd be seen in his eyes as a stepping stone at best.

Brands is supposed to be one of the best in his field, I wish he'd start to show it.

Never liked Zaha, and you know, with VAR, and especially if he were to join us, he'd instantly stop being awarded penalties.

And without that he's a waste of space as he barely scores goals, which you need to as an attacking midfielder.

30-40m would be about right for him, but I genuinely hope we do not sign him. He wants a top club, and if he ends up at us it'd be seen in his eyes as a stepping stone at best.

Brands is supposed to be one of the best in his field, I wish he'd start to show it.
I went back and looked last night and of the 10 or so penalties he earned over the last two years only maybe three would even be looked at by VAR and I don't know that any of the three would actually get taken away.

On the other hand I'm willing to bet there are quite a few times where he hasn't been given the benefit of the doubt because of his reputation that might end up as penalties if they were given a second look.

This VAR will hurt him thing is unfounded.

I am bitterly upset that NONE of Bolasie, Mirallas, Besic, McCarthy, Tosun, Stekelenberg or Niasse have been moved on yet. It's simply shocking. There must be teams, somewhere, willing to take them on greatly reduced wages with up topping up the rest. It's really poor of Everton to still have this gang stinking out the place. About 350k a week spunked on that useless yob.

I am bitterly upset that NONE of Bolasie, Mirallas, Besic, McCarthy, Tosun, Stekelenberg or Niasse have been moved on yet. It's simply shocking. There must be teams, somewhere, willing to take them on greatly reduced wages with up topping up the rest. It's really poor of Everton to still have this gang stinking out the place. About 350k a week spunked on that useless yob.
If we are paying most of the wages than sending them out does nothing to ease the wage bill. In that scenario there is no sense in moving early. Wait until the last couple weeks to see if better offers come in and if not try to ship them out late on.

It's also crazy to think any of those are going to be easy to move considering their level and how much we pay them.

If we are paying most of the wages than sending them out does nothing to ease the wage bill. In that scenario there is no sense in moving early. Wait until the last couple weeks to see if better offers come in and if not try to ship them out late on.

It's also crazy to think any of those are going to be easy to move considering their level and how much we pay them.
Not most, but 50% is still a huge saving over a season!

ACM - Siggy/Davies
CM - Gomes/Davies/Delph
DCM - Gbamin/Delph

Sangare and Gbamin together would have a worse touch than a jail full of pedos

Sangare and Gbamin together would have a worse touch than a jail full of pedos
Why do you say that? I get the joke but why would that be true here? I haven't noticed that about either player.

Also first touch isn't everything. Gomes touch is comfortably better than Gueye's but he gave the ball away more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back