Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
if palace want 80 mil for zaha they can swivel, hopefully zaha pushes the move a bit because he knows we are not going to cave in to palace demands

if malcom and kean could be signed for 80 mil combined that it makes more sense to try and arrange this deal than just to spend large on 1 player

we still also need cover for a defensive mid, right back and centre half

less than 2 weeks to go and feels we are badly running out of time to complete deals

What's with all the pant pissing?

We offered 55 large.
Palace said nah, we want 80 yenno fam.
Marcel said 55 and players?
Nah, 80 large fam innit.
Marcel said nah, we aint dropping 80 big on Wilf. Not in this lifetime or the next. We done fam?
Done fam.
Fist bump, shades on, outta there.

No drama fam
I don't think it's the backing out of carrying on with negotiations for Zaha that's the issue. It's the fact that our 'planned' window has resorted to late bids on an expensive player after Arsenal had dropped out. That's not having a plan.

Many names have been banded about & because of a blockage in comms with the usual ITKs we simply can't say whats been to plan or not but the Zaha bid screams of desperation as thier plan hasn't really happened so far.
I was not worried at all up until today. I am now.

What's with all the pant pissing?

We offered 55 large.
Palace said nah, we want 80 yenno fam.
Marcel said 55 and players?
Nah, 80 large fam innit.
Marcel said nah, we aint dropping 80 big on Wilf. Not in this lifetime or the next. We done fam?
Done fam.
Fist bump, shades on, outta there.

No drama fam

All good.... as long as by the deadline we get the players in to move us forward.

Think were going to end up with Neres instead of Zaha despite the lack of noise since the start of the window. Wouldn't have the same instant impact as Zaha but fits more of the model of what we're after - left footed with resale value. Price would be more reasonable too I imagine around 45 - 50m. I'd take either but that's what I'm expecting to happen. I also expect Kean will be announced in the next 2 days. Very curious who the cb and RB signings are going to be, no substantial links outside of zouma

I think this is a great deal for both parties. Tosun is a £15 million striker on form easily and palace are the ideal team for him. He is a very good finisher unfortunately just doesn't suit our style.

Mcarthey with a bit of luck with injuries for once in his career is a top midfield player of his type so £8 million is wort a punt Imo. £55 million is reasonable for a player of Zaha's ability in this crazy age, we get 2 players off the wage bill and use monies from sales to offset the cost.

Does Zaha improve us... absolutely all the haters slating him have made me laugh, he's proven in the premiership, he's reached his potential and would be devastating on the flank for us, he would probably be the most exciting player since kanchelskis.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion but why the hangup on the cost, it's not our money just be happy the club are having a go. Name a better or as exciting winger with premier league proven ability we could even dream of signing and I might agree with you, did someone mention Ryan fraser on here recently (good god). Peace.

Most exciting since kanchelskis? I will have a couple of grams of whatever you’re smoking please

Still think we will wind up selling palace mcarthy and maybe cenk on loan with us picking up Kean and Malcom in the forward areas. Need to get Kean done and dusted asap. Zaha is quality but hes too expensive and hes another right footer, silva openly said he wanted a left pegger so Malcom would fit the bill and be half the price with likely less wages too.

Yeah, I'm not sure why everyone is freakin' out right now. My guess is that Kean and Gbamin will be done by the end of the week. If we move Mirallas, Niasse, Henry, JMac, Besic, and Cuco out for say 35M in fees, which I think is doable, we loan Bolasie out for 40K a week maybe, that's about even with a savings in salary from last year of over 400K a week depending on what we bring Kean and Gbamin in at. That is all doable and sales can happen AFTER the deadline outside of the PL.

Then it's a matter of how aggressive we want to be.

If Gbamin comes in, do we really need Schneiderlin? I can also see us moving Tosun if we can get over 15M. If we go cheaper on CB - say Adam Soumaoro - and someone like Kenny Tete, Raiola client at RB, that's probably a wash on fees and close to 100K a week on salary saved.

Bring in someone like Mariano Diaz on loan, pay Madrid a couple million for a fee on top of his salary (80K a week maybe), and then it's all pure net spend. We want to get Malcom for 40M and say 100K a week, bam. Mosh wants to get Zaha for 60-70, that's a net spend consistent with what we've come to expect with still MASSIVE salary savings of probably STILL 300K a week and likely more depending on any additional loans.

Now that would be impressive, but it's up to Moshiri.

But people still say General Kenwrong has NO influence in the goings on at the club despite being Chairman and publically admitting being involved in transfer negotiations :oops:

I think a good barometer of weather he’s involved or not is if the deal collapses or we get shafted

Most exciting since kanchelskis? I will have a couple of grams of whatever you’re smoking please
Who exactly are you putting ahead? He's said most exciting player since Kanchelskis. I think only Richarlison, Arteta and maybe Lukaku are even close to that level. It isn't that ridiculous of a statement.

This is what I can’t understand. We’ve been led to believe palace wanted 80m. Arsenal insulted them with a 40m offer. We then put in a bid knowing what palace wanted, which was still 25m short of what they wanted. Unless we make other sales, I can’t see other funding another bid, considering we are bidding for kean.

Brands has a number in mind and if he’s bid it and they said no , then I see no reason to not to walk away. Maybe he went straight in with our best offer rather than messing about for a week with starting bids etc and coming to the end of the window palace would want more and we would become more desperate. I wouldn’t want zaha anyway but it brands thinks he’s worth 52m or 55m or whatever we have bid and nothing more then the way he’s gone about it is the right way me thinka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back