Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Would much prefer Malcom to Zaha, cus of his age, price and the fact he’s a leftie

Depends on what the price is. If it's 30m-ish, Malcom is sound. I'd prefer him to Bertrand Traore at least.

But if we end up getting towards 50m I think I'd rather us go back in for Zaha with another bid of 60-65m. He's a better player and suited to the Prem.

After this potential Kean news, I’m feeling all confident! I say we muster up the courage and throw in a bid for Mbappe. Whatever price they want as long as they take Tosun, McCarthy, Niasse, and Miralles. :)

Totally missing the point. It’s not about their attractiveness, it’s about *how* they operate. City’s operation is the gold standard and it’s not because most players in the world want to go there or because they can afford them. It’s because they have smart people all over the club running it in an utterly professional way.

You mention Sanchez; how many weird club statements did they have to release during that saga? How many times did their manager end up looking like he had no idea what was happening, or making veiled pleas to the people above him? That’s how we’ve looked amateurish: the club having to put out odd statements to the press; Silva looking completely out of the loop when asked about incoming transfers and what’s happening with Gana.

And we can clearly afford Zaha if we want and by all accounts he wants to come. So, again, it’s not about attractiveness. It’s about how you operate. There are clearly clubs worse than us. But to suggest that it’s something to ignore or, as you seem to suggest above, celebrate, is deluded.

I think the almost constant silence from the club, manager to DoF, throughout this window strikes at professionalism and authority.

I've been very impressed and don't we've looked amateurish at all.

Kean is a great signing, done in the right way. Feels a bit like the Deulofeu deal, but slightly bigger of course. It’s almost like a multi-year loan but with us locking in a fixed potential upside.

Some lad who seems to be clued in suggesting we may have enquired about Ziyech

Considering he rejected Sevilla the other day I’m doubtful he’d be interested in us but money talks I suppose. What a signing that would be though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back