Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
DCL isn't a Striker either by most opinions on here and arguably has had his best performances out wide. I understand everyone has their own opinions on what we need as a priority and it tends to be going forward as that's the most exciting part of the game...

But we've lost Lookman who could hardly get on the bench and gained Kean from the top 3 positions in the team so we're already stronger in attack.

We've lost Jagielka and Zouma from defence so we're already weaker in defence.

I'd love another winger that we've been linked with, deffo. But not if it's at the expense of having a turbo gash defence next session.

But it's not an opinion pal, it's a fact that DCL isn't a wide player, his best performances haven't come from out wide because he doesn't play there ( Koeman used him there and he was useless )

and I did say originally, we need a winger but needed a CB more

If Steve Walsh knew what he was doing he would've told koeman that martina should be nowhere near this club. He also wouldn't have signed 3 number 10s and leave the team with 0 pace

in walsh's defence, martina and klaassen were koeman buys, rooney was a kenwright buy.

Pickford has been good value for me, we overpaid for sigurdsson, but he's arguably our best player, he's certainly not been a crap buy.

The youngsters he bought, lookman, vlasic and onyekuru, we've nearly doubled what we've paid for them. Had the best years out of gana and sold for a massive profit.

Sandro has been a massive failure, but none of us question is signing at the time, he looked to be an absolute bargain, but hey, he was a low fee, and maybe we can still make a very minor profit, who knows how his season will go. and then stupid players that allardyce got have been massive failures, but his hit record is starting to look better than the horror show it's portrayed as

Pluses
Pickford
Gueye
Lookman
Vlasic
Onyekuru
Calvert-Lewin

Par
Sigurdsson
Keane

Negatives
Bolasie
Sandro
Williams
Schneiderlin
Tosun
Walcott

and people had the tenacity to blame steve walsh. Added to the £23m profit on gana, the man knew what he was doing (exclude klaassen from this convo).
That's like saying it was putting zebra print wallpaper onto all your house walls that got you a huge increase in the worth of your house, when it was just simply a housing bubble that made anyone even consider buying your zebra themed monstrosity.

and people had the tenacity to blame steve walsh. Added to the £23m profit on gana, the man knew what he was doing (exclude klaassen from this convo).
Koeman and Walsh would have killed this club but Walsh did sign a few decent players at least.

in walsh's defence, martina and klaassen were koeman buys, rooney was a kenwright buy.

Pickford has been good value for me, we overpaid for sigurdsson, but he's arguably our best player, he's certainly not been a crap buy.

The youngsters he bought, lookman, vlasic and onyekuru, we've nearly doubled what we've paid for them. Had the best years out of gana and sold for a massive profit.

Sandro has been a massive failure, but none of us question is signing at the time, he looked to be an absolute bargain, but hey, he was a low fee, and maybe we can still make a very minor profit, who knows how his season will go. and then stupid players that allardyce got have been massive failures, but his hit record is starting to look better than the horror show it's portrayed as

Pluses
Pickford
Gueye
Lookman
Vlasic
Onyekuru
Calvert-Lewin

Par
Sigurdsson
Keane

Negatives
Bolasie
Sandro
Williams
Schneiderlin
Tosun
Walcott
He's defo got an eye for talent, but that's all he's got. A terrible director of football. Maybe he could've done a job on the scouting team but the negatives you listed are unforgivable:

Bolasie £30million 75k a week
Sandro £5million 100k a week
Williams £12 million 70k a week
Schneiderlin £24 million 120k a week
Tosun £27 million 60k+??
Walcott £20million 120k a week

£120 million wasted on utter garbage and another £500,000 a week on the wages they are or were stealing

Shame Henry O never got a chance here. At least he has found a new home to showcase his ability and I wish him well. The fact that he can get into any number of decent European clubs show he is well thought of, and that the English work permit system for football is obviously not aligned with the rest of Europe. I don't believe that France's work permit requirements are hurting their national team, nor Spain or Germany's, etc.

Maybe a topic for another thread, but we are hamstringing ourselves if we can't access the brightest talents prior to them becoming well established.

Pluses
Pickford
Gueye
Lookman
Vlasic
Onyekuru
Calvert-Lewin

Par
Sigurdsson
Keane

Negatives
Bolasie
Sandro
Williams
Schneiderlin
Tosun
Walcott

Broadly agree with this, but, as DoF - he gets the final sign off. If he signed off on the likes of Bolasie, Klaassen he either backed the signing or didn’t have the balls to say no to Koeman, either way, the buck stops with him.

Pluses
Pickford
Gueye
Lookman
Vlasic
Onyekuru
Calvert-Lewin

Par
Sigurdsson
Keane

Negatives
Bolasie
Sandro
Williams
Schneiderlin
Tosun
Walcott
Negatives far far outweigh the positives tbh.

Shame Henry O never got a chance here. At least he has found a new home to showcase his ability and I wish him well. The fact that he can get into any number of decent European clubs show he is well thought of, and that the English work permit system for football is obviously not aligned with the rest of Europe. I don't believe that France's work permit requirements are hurting their national team, nor Spain or Germany's, etc.

Maybe a topic for another thread, but we are hamstringing ourselves if we can't access the brightest talents prior to them becoming well established.
It's not an English issue. Onyenkuru just didn't have the fee. That being said, he should still get a permit under part B of the appeals process. My guess is that Brands doesnt rate him.

Pluses
Pickford
Gueye
Lookman
Vlasic
Onyekuru
Calvert-Lewin

Par
Sigurdsson
Keane

Negatives
Bolasie
Sandro
Williams
Schneiderlin
Tosun
Walcott
I think that that is very fair.

Reinier can’t come in until Jan, but I reckon we’ll announce on deadline day, just to put a polish on the window.

I reckon we’ll announce Kean tonight and Gbamin on Friday morning.

I have a funny feeling - although I’m not a big fan - that Zaha is ON and he’ll be a deadline day arrival (effectively ruling him out of the Palace game, probably by design as a “gentleman’s agreement”).

CB (hopefully Zouma) on deadline day as well.

I can’t see us getting a RB in, but that’s probably just due to the lack of links to anyone. Wouldn’t put it past Brands to unveil the next Cafu before all’s said and done.
I'm the opposite. I think Zaha would be a great signing in footballing terms, although I personally would have reservations over the fee if it were above £60m. But I just can't see it happening. It looks dead in the water as far as I'm concerned and we need to move on because we still need an alternative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back