Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know snark is the Fiver's stock in trade but they went to town yesterday.

Could have just written 'Everton, that.' and saved word count, though.

I read that and let it drift over me. Only one thing will get us be taken seriously and that's winning games. Until then, we have spent rather a lot of money to not really achieve anything. I dare say that this is the normal way of things to take the jump up and it'll probably still take a lot more again to finalise getting into the elite teams again, but until then, we're fair game for anyone wanting to take a pot shot.

The longer these deals take to get over the line the less time Silva has to work with them before kick off.

It’s frustrating mate but I’m trying to think on the basis of this being a more medium to long term build. The amount of work needed to turn the squad around was massive and remains a huge job. Incremental change if a little painful at times will do for me.

It’s frustrating mate but I’m trying to think on the basis of this being a more medium to long term build. The amount of work needed to turn the squad around was massive and remains a huge job. Incremental change if a little painful at times will do for me.
Hard to argue with that Bob. Getting the right players in now is all that matters really.

Hard to argue with that Bob. Getting the right players in now is all that matters really.
The right players in and on the correct terms - the latter being equally as important.

While we all want to push on this season, it's not worth spending more money than necessary when you consider how many excess players we've got on the books.

Looking at the squad now and potential incomings of players like Kean, Arias, Zouma and Ziyech plus the players we've brought in already this window, it's starting to look like a squad again, a squad with talent and resale value and the mess of Koeman and Walsh is slowly being cleaned up. Hate to dwell on the past but just makes me wonder where we'd be now with Brands and no Koeman from the get go but it is what it is, onwards and upwards. Getting excited for the future of EFC again! Hope we can get these deals over the line!

Edit: forgot to mention Gbamin! Some line up if we get all those across the line!

Looking at the squad now and potential incomings of players like Kean, Arias, Zouma and Ziyech plus the players we've brought in already this window, it's starting to look like a squad again, a squad with talent and resale value and the mess of Koeman and Walsh is slowly being cleaned up. Hate to dwell on the past but just makes me wonder where we'd be now with Brands and no Koeman from the get go but it is what it is, onwards and upwards. Getting excited for the future of EFC again! Hope we can get these deals over the line!

Edit: forgot to mention Gbamin! Some line up if we get all those across the line!

Ziyech? Did I miss something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back