Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny you mention him. He's obviously a left footed player that plays a lot on the right. I ran through some data a couple weeks ago and filtered out a bunch of data - think it was guys that both score, create, and take care of the ball, something to that effect, and he made the cut. His numbers are pretty good and I do remember watching him a bit at some point.

Here are my notes last time I watched him play at AZ - tall, very left footed, but saw him bury a right footer, too. Seems underrated. Can score.

Young and inconsistent as I recall, but yeah, I flagged him and a couple other 20/21 year olds that were good fits based on the data at least - Tsygankov, Havertz (obvious), Diaby at Bayern, Chukwueze, Odegaard, Hagi, Doan at Groningen, Leon Bailey, Pedrinho at Corinthians (who I know little about, don't get to watch that league), etc. Lukebakio was in there, too, but he's been playing CF some so it's not the best comparison.
Any thoughts on the others?

I've seen a bit of Diaby (I assume you mean the one at Bayer who just left PSG) and he's very talented. I expect he will do well.

Also seen Hagi and Bailey with their international teams this summer and I don't know that I'd sign either, they're inconsistent at this point. I looked into Tsygankov a bit and I like him but I'm not ready to say he can move to a bigger league and impress. No idea on the rest.

...don't forget Schneiderlin ya good blokes. That fella is dinkums a squad member and will probably start game 1.

Cheers gents.
A possible option who is young enough to ease in from the bench at an ambitious Premier league team then
Yeah, maybe. But he's probably better off spending another year some place he can play every day. He's already pretty physical. He might honestly be better suited as a CM. I do recall him loving to drive the ball forward.

Any thoughts on the others?

I've seen a bit of Diaby (I assume you mean the one at Bayer who just left PSG) and he's very talented. I expect he will do well.

Also seen Hagi and Bailey with their international teams this summer and I don't know that I'd sign either, they're inconsistent at this point. I looked into Tsygankov a bit and I like him but I'm not ready to say he can move to a bigger league and impress. No idea on the rest.
Almost all those guys are indeed young, inconsistent to some extent. Bailey is more mature, but I'm not sure he's ever going to be an amazing goal scorer, but he has time. So quick, creates a lot for others, but is kind of all over the place, a bit out of control.

Diaby is really good, just inconsistent. He could be amazing. He looks so dangerous at the U20 level. He was a handful against the US as I recall. He's small, but seems to find a way to either create for others and score a bit.

Chukwueze has tricks, loves running with it. He's also pretty impressive for his age, but again, a bit reckless and inconsistent.

Some I haven't seen much of, although the U20 stuff this summer helped.

Hagi just went to Genk, so they are going to be fun to watch this year. I think he's really good. Tsygankov is soooo left footed, but all he does is score and create chances. He's tough to deal with. So active.

Haven't seen enough of Pedrinho or Doan.

Well, Everton is a very similar player in terms of a diminutive, pacy playmaker who likes to play on the left to one we already have in Bernard. He does offer more of a goal threat than Bernard, but he's still quite a similar player. You also have the fact that Everton would have to come over here and settle into the league and that's not always a sure thing of happening quickly. £35m is still a heck of a lot of money.

Zaha is more of a powerful player and totally different to Bernard or Everton really. Plus, he does have a good record in the PL - imagine if one of our other forwards/wingers had contributed 10 goals and 5 assists last season, mate? That's probably gonna get you another 12 points at least, if not more.

In Zaha's past three seasons he's scored a total of 26 goals and got 21 assists playing in a Palace team often scrapping and under a varying degree of rubbish managers. That's a good return and if we'd have had a player who isn't a striker contributing an average of 9 goals per season and 7 assists, we'd be very happy. I think he won four or five pens last year, two of which were missed (one against us).

So there would definitely be logic in it. Not at £80m, no. But given we're bringing in a totally unproven (albeit very, very promising) striker, there'd be more logic in going for someone we know could do it in the Prem for slightly more cash than taking still a big £35-45m punt on a player who we're unsure on.

All in all, it's about balance. Everton's a good player, but he's similar to what we have already in how he plays.

If we sign a player called Everton it will be a nightmare for TV and radio game commentators. That's my major concern with signing him :-)

Still in talks with Kean and Gbamin apparently - hopefully both announced early next week.

No other live talks at the moment.

I think we’ll see some loan deals next week and one of Smalling/Jones/Rojo arriving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back