Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Still in talks with Kean and Gbamin apparently - hopefully both announced early next week.

No other live talks at the moment.

I think we’ll see some loan deals next week and one of Smalling/Jones/Rojo arriving.
If we get any of those three flops I will cry my eyes out! Smalling and Jones are utter gash, I would play Holgate over both of them any day!

....well, we move into a new month which means just a week of the window left and I sense some folk are getting a bit nervous. Here’s the morning Toffee transfer rumour round-up for Thursday 1st August;

- Sky Italia reporter Gianluca Di Marzio says Moise Kean’s agent, Mino Raiola, is in Liverpool to ‘sort out the last details’ of the 19 year olds contract. The Liverpool Echo report Everton are confident they will wrap up a deal for Kean by the end of the week as final details are ironed out ahead of him flying in for his medical. Gazzetta Dello Sport say Everton were offered Juventus’ Mario Mandzukic earlier in the summer, which prompted Marcel Brands to enquire about Kean.

- According to German outlet, Bild, Everton have not finalised a deal for Mainz midfielder, Jean-Philippe Gbamin. Mainz are denying a deal is in place and Director, Rouven Schröder, will eke as much as possible from the transfer. The Echo suggest talks of a deal being agreed are premature, with the Bundesliga outfit holding out for £25m. Soccer Link, however, reckon discussions will be concluded sooner than thought in a deal worth €30m including bonuses.

- Mail Journalist, Dominic King, says Everton are keen to sign Mario Lemina & have made contact with Southampton but a deal is not close. The Echo say Everton are weighing up a bid for Lemina but are currently focused on Gbamin. King also mentions Everton’s Nathan Broadhead is to be offered a new deal ahead of sending the youngster out on loan.

- RMC state Monaco have agreed a €12m deal and are in advanced talks to sign Everton winger, Henry Onyekuru, on a 5 year contract. Phil Jones (Mail Online) reports the fee is £13.75m, whilst GetFrenchFootball say €15m.

- Everton’s Official Site have confirmed the transfer of 22 year old midfielder Joe Williams to Wigan Athletic for an undisclosed fee. The Liverpool Echo believe Wigan are parting with more than the £2m they paid for Toffees defender, Antonee Robinson, earlier in the window.

- Esporte Interativo suggest Everton’s €40m deal for Flamengo’s Reinier is not yet finalised and other European sides may present late for the youngsters signature. Reinier is in the Flamengo squad to play Emelec in the Libertadores.

-Sky Sports report Barcelona winger, Malcom, has travelled to Russia and will undergo a medical at Zenit on Friday after Everton failed with a last minute bid for the 22 year old Brazilian.

- The Echo picks up on reports that Everton and Fenerbahce are battling for the signature of Mainz starlet, Erkan Eyibil. The 18 year old scored in a friendly against the Toffees last week.

- Sport Witness again report Everton are monitoring Atletico Madrid’s 24 year old Argentinian forward, Angel Correa.

- Napoli have apparently jumped into the chase for Crystal Palace winger, Wilfried Zaha, and are prepared to pay £54.6m for the Ivory Coast international. The Italian outfit have lost out to Arsenal in their pursuit of Lille’s Nicolas Pepe.

Last edited:

Very good post but if Lemina and Gbamin go through it will most likely be Gbamin/Gomes/Lemina in mid and Delph would still be second fiddle.

The thing that screams to me the most that we want to transition away from Gylfi and the 4231 is the signing of yet another CM in Lemina. Think we will he set up in either a 4231 or 433 by who is on the squad list for game day. If Gbamin starts 433 if Gylfi starts 4231 with Lemina and Gomes always filling the CM roles

Delph second fiddle to Lemina and Gbamin? I don't think you know how good Delph is, he'll surprise a few, good little player Delph, he'll play more often than not when fit.

The longer these deals take to get over the line the less time Silva has to work with them before kick off.
wib4ov5hpj611_1.webp

Still in talks with Kean and Gbamin apparently - hopefully both announced early next week.

No other live talks at the moment.

I think we’ll see some loan deals next week and one of Smalling/Jones/Rojo arriving.
As much as I like anyone with a Rodney Dangerfield Jr pic in their profile, I'm going to have to say don't take your loan deals, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back