Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What is there to be gracious about? He’s contributed nothing to the first team

If you don’t like the bluntness of my comment then so be it
How about normal human decency and regards for a young man's dignity? A young man who has spent most of his life involved in the club trying to make a livelihood in a sport with very high attrition rates before you even get to having a professional contract like he has is not a loser.

He has behaved himself professionally and like the majority of players who have came through the ranks, never made the breakthrough. If you get your rocks off calling him a loser, then good for you, but I won't knock a young player for not making it here and I'll continue to wish them well.

No, it's bed wetting, because you are assuming that we will not be bringing anybody else in before the deadline. So it isn't reality. It's an opinion.

Dear chap, it’s actual fact that as of today we are weaker.

I have not assumed anywhere in that post that we will not be bringing anybody else in before the close of play.

Do you honestly think we are going to sign someone on deadline day and throw them in for the first game? We didn’t see Mina or Gomes until when last season?

Try reading the post properly.

I have not assumed anywhere in that post that we will not be bringing anybody else in before the close of play.

Do you honestly think we are going to sign someone on deadline day and throw them in for the first game? We didn’t see Mina or Gomes until when last season?

Poor example, both were carrying injuries.

Bernard would have been a better example.

How about normal human decency and regards for a young man's dignity? A young man who has spent most of his life involved in the club trying to make a livelihood in a sport with very high attrition rates before you even get to having a professional contract like he has is not a loser.

He has behaved himself professionally and like the majority of players who have came through the ranks, never made the breakthrough. If you get your rocks off calling him a loser, then good for you, but I won't knock a young player for not making it here and I'll continue to wish them well.
I agree , he's really not a "loser" as he had a professional contract with a top club in the world's top league . He may not be good enough to play for our beloved but that's not his fault. By all accounts he was a good trainer .
All of us here would of loved to be him . Playing at Goodison and playing against some top players regaining fitness while in the U23s .
I'd say he is a winner as he has a chance to show us how wrong the club was for letting him go. Ask Billy Kenny, I'm sure he'll agree .

It’s not a poor example, did Digne or Bernard start in first game either?

Bernard didn’t appear until the 2-2 draw at Bournemouth

It is a poor example. Had Gomes or Mina been fit we would have seen them earlier. Bernard had no games since like April before joining, no club to be training with in the mean time and he got 5 minutes against Bournemouth in what was the second game of the season.

Your point is that it takes time for a player to gel and get up to scratch, no? Bernard is a perfect example of someone coming in late and needing time to get up to speed for both of those aspects. I agree with the point of we're going to be bringing in players so late that the first few games they are usually of little use. Just that Mina and Gomes are poor examples as they were injured and had no impact or opportunity to be thrown in earlier due to that reason.

Fairly sure Digne had a slight knock as well.

EDIT: he did, this was our sidelined list beginning the season/2nd/3rd games.

L. DigneBernardP. JagielkaP. JagielkaY. MinaAndré GomesB. BaningimeJ. McCarthyP. Jagielka

Soz. Missed the first game bit.

But having said that, I would still argue that it's more important to bring in the right players on the right terms than to rush things through. The season is longer than the first couple of games.

Also last season 3 of the players were injured when they signed. Their delay in starting wasn't down to the fact that they were bought late in the window. Both Digne and Zouma, also bought late, were playing before the end of August.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back