Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is a poor example. Had Gomes or Mina been fit we would have seen them earlier. Bernard had no games since like April before joining, no club to be training with in the mean time and he got 5 minutes against Bournemouth in what was the second game of the season.

Your point is that it takes time for a player to gel and get up to scratch, no? Bernard is a perfect example of someone coming in late and needing time to get up to speed for both of those aspects. I agree with the point of we're going to be bringing in players so late that the first few games they are usually of little use. Just that Mina and Gomes are poor examples as they were injured and had no impact or opportunity to be thrown in earlier due to that reason.

Fairly sure Digne had a slight knock as well.
Zouma went straight in didn't he?

Edit - Maybe after the Jags red.

It is a poor example. Had Gomes or Mina been fit we would have seen them earlier. Bernard had no games since like April before joining, no club to be training with in the mean time and he got 5 minutes against Bournemouth in what was the second game of the season.

Your point is that it takes time for a player to gel and get up to scratch, no? Bernard is a perfect example of someone coming in late and needing time to get up to speed for both of those aspects. I agree with the point of we're going to be bringing in players so late that the first few games they are usually of little use. Just that Mina and Gomes are poor examples as they were injured and had no impact or opportunity to be thrown in earlier due to that reason.

So not only are we leaving it late, we are also bringing in players not even ready to hit the ground running.

Not the best strategy in my opinion. We still have DCL as our only serious striking option as it stands today, we have had since May to rectify that, yet here we are again going down to the wire. We’ve scored about 2 goals in pre season, I mean the clues are all there mate!

How about normal human decency and regards for a young man's dignity? A young man who has spent most of his life involved in the club trying to make a livelihood in a sport with very high attrition rates before you even get to having a professional contract like he has is not a loser.

He has behaved himself professionally and like the majority of players who have came through the ranks, never made the breakthrough. If you get your rocks off calling him a loser, then good for you, but I won't knock a young player for not making it here and I'll continue to wish them well.
Some people don't know or don't care what normal human decency is mate. I'm sure you've come across them yourself all too often. If they are like that normally what makes you think they'll be any different on an anonymous internet forum.

So not only are we leaving it late, we are also bringing in players not even ready to hit the ground running.

Not the best strategy in my opinion. We still have DCL as our only serious striking option as it stands today, we have had since May to rectify that, yet here we are again going down to the wire. We’ve scored about 2 goals in pre season, I mean the clues are all there mate!

Dont think you've really taken into what I said.

Either way, everyone is leaving it late. You seem to be thinking that the club are purposely leaving things late? Nobody on here or at the club will be happy its taken so long but at the same time most of it will be out of the clubs control, we cant force clubs to do business earlier. Some clubs hold on as long as possible to drive up the price, basic negotiation.

Yes we would all love our business to be done early but frankly I think the club have learned lessons and would rather wait longer and get players who are the right fit.

Would you prefer to get our business done early and have a season like we did with rooney/siggy/klassen etc or would you rather wait and see the potential that we saw last season with extra quality coming in.

End of the day we should have a team for the first 3/4 games capable of getting the points required. My ONLY criticism of this current regime is that we are going into a season with DCL as first option (for now).

Soz. Missed the first game bit.

But having said that, I would still argue that it's more important to bring in the right players on the right terms than to rush things through. The season is longer than the first couple of games.

Also last season 3 of the players were injured when they signed. Their delay in starting wasn't down to the fact that they were bought late in the window. Both Digne and Zouma, also bought late, were playing before the end of August.

Trying to get someone in between May and August needn’t be a rush mate, especially if you have “identified your targets” which is what we were told.

I’m far from bed wetting here, simply stating that as of today, DCL is still our main striker and that we are weaker with the loss of Zouma and Gana.

You disagree with that?

Zouma went straight in didn't he?

Edit - Maybe after the Jags red.
The team that started against Wolves last August was
Pickford.
Coleman
Keane
Jagielka
Baines

Gueye
Schneiderlin

Sigurdsson

Richarlison
Tosun
Walcott.

You can decide for yourself if losing Gueye , but also Jagielka,Baines,Schneidelin,Tosun and Walcott most likely not starting means we have a weaker or stronger side now.

The team that started against Wolves last August was
Pickford.
Coleman
Keane
Jagielka
Baines

Gueye
Schneiderlin

Sigurdsson

Richarlison
Tosun
Walcott.

You can decide for yourself if losing Gueye , but also Jagielka,Baines,Schneidelin,Tosun and Walcott most likely not starting means we have a weaker or stronger side now.
But they will be replaced where needed to it is a moot point really

Dont think you've really taken into what I said.

Either way, everyone is leaving it late. You seem to be thinking that the club are purposely leaving things late? Nobody on here or at the club will be happy its taken so long but at the same time most of it will be out of the clubs control, we cant force clubs to do business earlier. Some clubs hold on as long as possible to drive up the price, basic negotiation.

Yes we would all love our business to be done early but frankly I think the club have learned lessons and would rather wait longer and get players who are the right fit.

Would you prefer to get our business done early and have a season like we did with rooney/siggy/klassen etc or would you rather wait and see the potential that we saw last season with extra quality coming in.

End of the day we should have a team for the first 3/4 games capable of getting the points required. My ONLY criticism of this current regime is that we are going into a season with DCL as first option (for now).
exactly this! I would rather wait & get the right player in than waste more money. If other clubs are holding out then there is nothing we can do about it. If we have to wait till the deadline day to get the right player/players in then that is fine with me

Apparently Milan are looking to offload Kessie to raise funds and rumours are that at least 2 Premier league clubs are interested , i wouldn't be surprised if we are one of them . 22 year old Ivorian tank with unlimited stamina that would fit nicely alongside Gomes

How about normal human decency and regards for a young man's dignity? A young man who has spent most of his life involved in the club trying to make a livelihood in a sport with very high attrition rates before you even get to having a professional contract like he has is not a loser.

He has behaved himself professionally and like the majority of players who have came through the ranks, never made the breakthrough. If you get your rocks off calling him a loser, then good for you, but I won't knock a young player for not making it here and I'll continue to wish them well.
Your not alone mate, sometimes I think this place is a Grinch breeding ground! Miserable humps!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back