Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes we know this, we are talking about the team which finished the season, which included both Gana and Zouma, that is the side we are trying to build on, not the one you have listed above.
I think you could argue that Delph and Mina could be as good as Gana and Zouma. May not be as Mina is still a bit of an unknown but Delph is a more complete midfielder than Gana. We will have to play in a different way of course but to say we will be "significantly weaker" as you did earlier in the thread is way over the top.

Especially given it is all hypothetical at the moment as we still have over a week til the season starts.

None? The black footballers who have to put up with disgraceful chanting ? Players like Gazza who have obvious mental health battles ? Players like Billy Kenny who who showered with money and praise and waste their talent due to having addictive personalities? Really none ?

He’s a hard assed fully fledged member of the WWE mate, he doesn’t mess about!

I think you could argue that Delph and Mina could be as good as Gana and Zouma. May not be as Mina is still a bit of an unknown but Delph is a more complete midfielder than Gana. We will have to play in a different way of course but to say we will be "significantly weaker" as you did earlier in the thread is way over the top.

Especially given it is all hypothetical at the moment as we still have over a week til the season starts.

Yeah, I think my main concern was the striking options of I’m honest. Let’s hope we announce a couple of sexy forwards in the next couple of days and that will make it all look a bit rosier.

Albert Roge doesnt know his arse from his tits in terms of Barça´s first team and frequently talks pish, but he is very well connected to the youth set up.

I don’t know the fella and I don’t care

Like you say he is a professional footballer why should I care about him
I don't care overly for him either, but still think he should be afforded a modicum of respect.

Anyway let's stop all this before we all get told off by the mods for being off-topic!

I do think that the club needs to be (if it wants to be a winning one again), is to be more ruthless with getting rid of players surplus to requirements and this is an example of it. Lots more of players who deserve the swing of the axe on their Everton careers unfortunately.

I don’t know the fella and I don’t care

Like you say he is a professional footballer why should I care about him
Bit taken aback by your attitude here. I tend to keep half an eye on our ex-academy players and take a bit of pride to see them doing well in the game even at a lower level. I think of them as always being a bit “blue” and as a sign of something we as a club have always done well (bringing players through) however tricky things at 1st team level have been.
Just my opinion/approach though of course

As long as Marcel is in charge, I think we will have to get used to leaving our business late. His tactic of sticking to a price becomes much more effective when the clubs realise there is only a few days left, they have no need to accept a deal early on in the window if we aren't meeting their price.

So not only are we leaving it late, we are also bringing in players not even ready to hit the ground running.

Not the best strategy in my opinion. We still have DCL as our only serious striking option as it stands today, we have had since May to rectify that, yet here we are again going down to the wire. We’ve scored about 2 goals in pre season, I mean the clues are all there mate!

Understand it isnt the ideal scenario and it would be better to get things done earlier. But there are loads of variables in this. Agreeing fees, players, players agents, needing to sell other players to drop wage bill, clubs not selling until they have replacements lined up. If it's a choice between business done early with anyone we can get or bide our time and get who we want later on. it's pretty obvious the best option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back