Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Christ, I hope I never work for you. It's not his fault it didn't work out and Everton were willing to pay him silly money.

Henry can't be kept in Liverpool as, without a work permit, he has no right of residence.

It’s not his fault but paying 120k a week for someone or even 100k if they’re paying 20k a week is a lot of money. If he wants it he can stay in the Uk and earn it. If he hates his multi millionaire life here he can take a pay cut and still earn millions in Spain in the sun. Not saying I’m gonna chain him up and leave him under the stairs for the rest of his contract .

I have no empathy for footballers

Mildly sweeping statement that. You been wronged by a footballer or something?! You might not like every footballers personality, but they’re still no different to you or me... except their careers happen to be considerably better paid than most. Frankly I’m just envious of the talent they have and the career opportunities that affords them

It’s not his fault but paying 120k a week for someone or even 100k if they’re paying 20k a week is a lot of money. If he wants it he can stay in the Uk and earn it. If he hates his multi millionaire life here he can take a pay cut and still earn millions in Spain in the sun. Not saying I’m gonna chain him up and leave him under the stairs for the rest of his contract .

He is earning it. He's going on loan where the club direct him and playing football. Neither side gets to pick and choose the parts of a contract they comply with.

I take it you would have no problem with your employer acting in that way towards your good self?

I have been treated bad by my employer and I have lived and worked in some horrible conditions but he can be a millionaire by earning 50k can’t he. I don’t think it’s to much to ask to have a player we are paying 100k a week to live here and train here tbh. Not as if I’m chaining him below deck and giving him lashes. He just has to live close to and work for Everton

Says here he is 65k a week. Still a lot but not 120k.

He’s on 65k a week? If that’s the case then he should be relatively easy to make move , he would only need to take a 20-30% pay cut to go back home

He is earning it. He's going on loan where the club direct him and playing football. Neither side gets to pick and choose the parts of a contract they comply with.

He’s not earning it for us tho is he ? I just don’t like paying millions to a player that isn’t even available to play for us

How about normal human decency and regards for a young man's dignity? A young man who has spent most of his life involved in the club trying to make a livelihood in a sport with very high attrition rates before you even get to having a professional contract like he has is not a loser.

He has behaved himself professionally and like the majority of players who have came through the ranks, never made the breakthrough. If you get your rocks off calling him a loser, then good for you, but I won't knock a young player for not making it here and I'll continue to wish them well.

Absolutely spot on. Theres something seriously wrong with an attitude that encourages you to call someone who has gone through the ranks at a professional club and subsequently got himself work at another professional club who are prepared to pay money for him to play for them a 'loser'. He is no loser...good luck to the lad.

Strange that Lozano is still at a PSV. Doesn't make sense for him to remain in the Dutch league after another successful year there. Earlier in the month Napoli and us were linked with him but Napoli are now bidding for Zaha supposedly. Got a feeling that with Lozano's previous links with Brands and the fact that his agent is Mino Raiola, who we seem to have a close connection with, there is a possibility he may be coming to us. I hope so.
AS regards Napoli and Zaha
As @Connor pointed out we had a bid of 55m rejected so why should Palace accept a lower bid from Napoli
Smoke and mirrors with us Palace Napoli and PSV

Maguire had a couple of good games in the world cup, seems to have added about 60 million to his price. I'd have Keane in our side over Maguire any day.

Same. I know Keane can struggle when players get him turning but I’m sure I read somewhere that Maguire is one of the most dribbled past players in the league. Both are good in the air but I’d fancy Keane in a race with him all day long.

Let's hope we can conduct a few more deals before the Harry Maguire transfer is confirmed. Least Leicester will end up spending the money on garbage like Dunk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back