Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying to get someone in between May and August needn’t be a rush mate, especially if you have “identified your targets” which is what we were told.

I’m far from bed wetting here, simply stating that as of today, DCL is still our main striker and that we are weaker with the loss of Zouma and Gana.

You disagree with that?

Not only are you bedwetting, but you’re doing so in the most repeated fashion on this forum right now.

The “we identified our targets in April” argument has been done to absolute death. It is wilful ignorance of the fact that there are at least 3 parties involved in every deal, with selling clubs holding out for top dollar and/or wanting to source replacements. Agents and players will also try to squeeze us for everything they can. We need to decide how best to finance potential deals and how any incomings might effect the covenants placed on us by virtue of FFP and the like.

The only PL club that has done masses of business is Villa and they got those deals over the line because - to be frank - nobody else seemed to want those players and their cumulative value is within what they can expect to earn from promotion and even parachute payments in the worst case.

If we want quality over quantity then we have to be prepared to wait for it, even if the targets concerned have been targets for months.

I don’t know the fella and I don’t care

Like you say he is a professional footballer why should I care about him

No reason you should care for him, but conversely why would your default position be to speak in overly negative terms about someone you don’t know and - by your own admission - have no strong feelings towards?!

You’ve tried to be edgy, been called out on it and have since doubled down and tried to pass yourself off as some unfeeling hard man which seems a little at odds with a grown man who dedicates part of his life to watching fellas in speedos pretending to hit each other.

Not only are you bedwetting, but you’re doing so in the most repeated fashion on this forum right now.

The “we identified our targets in April” argument has been done to absolute death. It is wilful ignorance of the fact that there are at least 3 parties involved in every deal, with selling clubs holding out for top dollar and/or wanting to source replacements. Agents and players will also try to squeeze us for everything they can. We need to decide how best to finance potential deals and how any incomings might effect the covenants placed on us by virtue of FFP and the like.

The only PL club that has done masses of business is Villa and they got those deals over the line because - to be frank - nobody else seemed to want those players and their cumulative value is within what they can expect to earn from promotion and even parachute payments in the worst case.

If we want quality over quantity then we have to be prepared to wait for it, even if the targets concerned have been targets for months.

This. Pretty much every club is experiencing the same. Look at Utd for example. They’ve been chasing Maguire all summer and still haven’t tied him up despite being ready to over-pay for him massively. It took them weeks to agree a fee for James from Swansea.

Poch is deeply unhappy with the business done by spurs. Their full backs are weak, no one knows what’s happening with Eriksen and they’ve been trying to agree deals for weeks.

There’s not one team who I look at and think “they’ve had a great transfer window”

This. Pretty much every club is experiencing the same. Look at Utd for example. They’ve been chasing Maguire all summer and still haven’t tied him up despite being ready to over-pay for him massively. It took them weeks to agree a fee for James from Swansea.

Poch is deeply unhappy with the business done by spurs. Their full backs are weak, no one knows what’s happening with Eriksen and they’ve been trying to agree deals for weeks.

There’s not one team who I look at and think “they’ve had a great transfer window”

In the scheme of things, we are relatively new to being in a position to pick our targets and pursue them for as long as it takes. When you’re shopping in the bargain bin you can get everything done early but that’s the trade-off.

The one summer in which we DID have cash and got our business done early was a disaster in terms of buying players to help us push on, even if we did end up cashing some of them in for a profit.

Last summer’s business was almost completely spot on, so I’m willing to give that model another go even if it means relying on existing players to get results in the first couple of games.

exactly this! I would rather wait & get the right player in than waste more money. If other clubs are holding out then there is nothing we can do about it. If we have to wait till the deadline day to get the right player/players in then that is fine with me
For sure.
For me Brands is job is longer term thinking.
He got in Richarlison and Digne last season.
He got Delph and hopefully Keane this season.
If he get two players of this quality a season its CL quality within four years

Silva's job is to do the best with what he's got.
If Zouma comes back he's got a pretty tasty side to work with.

No reason you should care for him, but conversely why would your default position be to speak in overly negative terms about someone you don’t know and - by your own admission - have no strong feelings towards?!

You’ve tried to be edgy, been called out on it and have since doubled down and tried to pass yourself off as some unfeeling hard man which seems a little at odds with a grown man who dedicates part of his life to watching fellas in speedos pretending to hit each other.
I’ve already explained why I have said what I said about 3-4 times

People seem to care more about semantics than the explanation

I do not have to respect every footballer especially those that I believe have contributed nothing to the club that I support

This is so right. I wish people would try and understand that transfers aren’t just about the clubs agreeing a price, like in the old days. For example, Arsenal bid for Pepe ages ago but haven’t announced him yet. These transfers take forever now. We have to believe in Brands, he hasn’t let us down yet

Strange that Lozano is still at a PSV. Doesn't make sense for him to remain in the Dutch league after another successful year there. Earlier in the month Napoli and us were linked with him but Napoli are now bidding for Zaha supposedly. Got a feeling that with Lozano's previous links with Brands and the fact that his agent is Mino Raiola, who we seem to have a close connection with, there is a possibility he may be coming to us. I hope so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back