Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon a centre back pairing of Keane and Zouma or equivalent level cb are good enough for a top 5 push. All of our issues last season came from the lack of quality in attack, after we sorted the set piece issues out anyway. Many of the games we lost 1-0 to the likes of Brighton, Watford and Leicester were all winnable with more quality and less Walcott and we ended up finishing the season with clean sheets against the top 6 on 5 occasions and the fourth most clean sheets in the league, one more than champions league finalists Tottenham
I honestly think Mina might be a better fit with Zouma, but those 3 are a solid CB core.

Regardless, the defense like you said was outstanding in open play.

Less Walcott meant fewer times just giving the ball away, which also put pressure on your defense.

November?

Pre-season only started a month ago today. The 3 players we already have came in the first 2 weeks. The 2 players we are on the brink of buying were given extra time off due to taking part in summer tournaments. Had we signed them July 1st they would still only have been back within the last week or so. It's possible some of our other expected purchases may be late returners too.

The first game is early this season, August 10th. The window closes 2 days earlier. We will then have another 3 weeks in August and, barring signing a load of injured players like we did last year, I would expect all of our signings to be ready to be introduced to the team by the beginning of September at the very latest. That is 3 games they will miss maximum.

It may take some of them a bit longer to get used to the pace of the premier league, but all teams have the same problem with their new signings bedding in. Also we have a relatively kind fixture list to start this season. By the time we get to November we'd have played 10 games with just 1 against the top 6, Man City at home. Rather than being "miles off" the top 4, I expect us to be right in the mix with our new signings getting up to speed just in time for our nightmare run of fixtures in December.

It really couldn't have worked out better for us.

I dont agree, people think it's straight forward, but the players need time on the training field together and in the preseason games together. We are talking about having up to 4 players in our starting 11 who have not played with each other before, to think they will just click straight away I think is a 10 to 1 shot at best. Not only that but players need to be settled off the pitch as well, not living in hotels or away from their wives and children, waiting to find a house. People think these things don't matter, or shouldn't matter, but they do and can make the difference between a player settling well and never getting going

Does anyone else think it’s concerning and definitely frustrating that probably a week on Saturday, we’re going to be starting with the same starting 11 as last season. With the exception of Delph coming in
for Gana, which is a backward step if anything?

Our starting XI is considerably weaker than last season as it stands right now. Kean in for up front, Gbamin in for Gana, and an unknown centre half in for Zouma and we're arguably stronger. Work your magic Marcel, we're counting on you.

Does anyone else think it’s concerning and definitely frustrating that probably a week on Saturday, we’re going to be starting with the same starting 11 as last season. With the exception of Delph coming in

you are concerned that we are starting with the side that was the 2nd best in the league towards of the end of the season?

No, because the season is 38 games long and the window isn’t shut yet.

Ask me the same question next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back