Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at our attacking option in comparison to our top 6 rivals how do we stack up?

City and them lot streaks ahead.

Arsenal:

Ozil
Aube
Lacazette
Pepe
Cabellos

Chelsea:

Pedro
Willian
Pulisic
Abraham
Giroud

United:

Martial
Dybala (highly possible)
Rashford
Mata
Sanchez

Spurs:

Kane
Son
Ali
Moura
Lamela
Eriksen

Everton:

Richarlison
Bernard
Kean
Walcott
Sigurdsson
DCL

Hmmm.

Any injury to either Bernard, Kean or Richarlison we are in serious bother imo.

Add a Zaha (or similar if we can find one) and I’d have us up there with Chelsea and Utd’s, possibly the others depending on how good Kean turns out to be.
Richarlison, Zaha, Sig and Bernard are as good as anything the others have as forwards. Hopefully Kean brings goals.

Add a Zaha (or similar if we can find one) and I’d have us up there with Chelsea and Utd’s, possibly the others depending on how good Kean turns out to be.
Richarlison, Zaha, Sig and Bernard are as good as anything the others have as forwards. Hopefully Kean brings goals.

Do think we need a game changer.

I think Mina will be a huge surprise for us this season, i saw him in Copa America at a very high level

I think Keane isnt solid enough for being first choice in a team trying to push for top 4/5. Hope im wrong tho
no one ever doubted the lads talent. we only doubt the strength of that poor hamstring

I think Mina will be a huge surprise for us this season, i saw him in Copa America at a very high level

I think Keane isnt solid enough for being first choice in a team trying to push for top 4/5. Hope im wrong tho
I reckon a centre back pairing of Keane and Zouma or equivalent level cb are good enough for a top 5 push. All of our issues last season came from the lack of quality in attack, after we sorted the set piece issues out anyway. Many of the games we lost 1-0 to the likes of Brighton, Watford and Leicester were all winnable with more quality and less Walcott and we ended up finishing the season with clean sheets against the top 6 on 5 occasions and the fourth most clean sheets in the league, one more than champions league finalists Tottenham

They could go either way Chelsea, they have the transfer ban to blame if they are poor, but they could create a seige mentality and be fantastic, you never know.
From our perspective I think we have left our deals too late, it will probably be November before all the players bed in and by then we will be miles off the top 4 and fighting to be 7th again and hoping to qualify for the Europa place. Nevermind.
November?

Pre-season only started a month ago today. The 3 players we already have came in the first 2 weeks. The 2 players we are on the brink of buying were given extra time off due to taking part in summer tournaments. Had we signed them July 1st they would still only have been back within the last week or so. It's possible some of our other expected purchases may be late returners too.

The first game is early this season, August 10th. The window closes 2 days earlier. We will then have another 3 weeks in August and, barring signing a load of injured players like we did last year, I would expect all of our signings to be ready to be introduced to the team by the beginning of September at the very latest. That is 3 games they will miss maximum.

It may take some of them a bit longer to get used to the pace of the premier league, but all teams have the same problem with their new signings bedding in. Also we have a relatively kind fixture list to start this season. By the time we get to November we'd have played 10 games with just 1 against the top 6, Man City at home. Rather than being "miles off" the top 4, I expect us to be right in the mix with our new signings getting up to speed just in time for our nightmare run of fixtures in December.

It really couldn't have worked out better for us.

Looking at our attacking option in comparison to our top 6 rivals how do we stack up?

City and them lot streaks ahead.

Arsenal:

Ozil
Aube
Lacazette
Pepe
Cabellos

Chelsea:

Pedro
Willian
Pulisic
Abraham
Giroud

United:

Martial
Dybala (highly possible)
Rashford
Mata
Sanchez

Spurs:

Kane
Son
Ali
Moura
Lamela
Eriksen

Everton:

Richarlison
Bernard
Kean
Walcott
Sigurdsson
DCL

Hmmm.

Any injury to either Bernard, Kean or Richarlison we are in serious bother imo.
I think it's fair to say that we need another wide man before the window closes. We definitely need 4 quality players for those front 3 positions, and having DCL and Walcott in reserve is not too bad at this stage, given what we had 3 windows ago.

But you look at the others and, apart from Arsenal (who have a very crap defence by the way) they would be the same f they lost 1 or 2 key players.

November?

Pre-season only started a month ago today. The 3 players we already have came in the first 2 weeks. The 2 players we are on the brink of buying were given extra time off due to taking part in summer tournaments. Had we signed them July 1st they would still only have been back within the last week or so. It's possible some of our other expected purchases may be late returners too.

The first game is early this season, August 10th. The window closes 2 days earlier. We will then have another 3 weeks in August and, barring signing a load of injured players like we did last year, I would expect all of our signings to be ready to be introduced to the team by the beginning of September at the very latest. That is 3 games they will miss maximum.

It may take some of them a bit longer to get used to the pace of the premier league, but all teams have the same problem with their new signings bedding in. Also we have a relatively kind fixture list to start this season. By the time we get to November we'd have played 10 games with just 1 against the top 6, Man City at home. Rather than being "miles off" the top 4, I expect us to be right in the mix with our new signings getting up to speed just in time for our nightmare run of fixtures in December.

It really couldn't have worked out better for us.

Remember, though, that there's one of those pesky international breaks at the beginning of September.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back