Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
425k? Sweet Jesus lol their wage bill must be insane , him and bale doing a million a week in wages and don’t play. Baring I’m mind the had Ronaldo who you would assume was their top earner and that’s massive , about 75m a year on those 3 , that’s nearly as much as our whole squad isn’t it ?
It's ludicrous. When I first made the suggestion I was thinking he was on 250k or something.

If we sign all the players we are supposedly interested in then we are going to have a lot of expensive big wage players on the bench losing value and will require another massive purge later.

If we sign all the players we are supposedly interested in then we are going to have a lot of expensive big wage players on the bench losing value and will require another massive purge later.

...we need an effective squad, as is often said you need quality on the bench. We already have a lot of big earners on the books but they are ineffective and unused.

Erm, no mate, you need a squad, we will not field the same 11 players all season.

Having big earners on the bench isnt that much of an issue, its when you have big earners sitting around not even making squads.

Surprised people aren't freaking out more about the center back situation. We've got:
  • Keane
  • Mina - still a big question mark for me considering his limited impact last year and his lack of minutes the past few years in league play
  • Holgate - young, unconvincing, unproven
That's it! I'm not even going to include Pennington. We need at least one more to come in, but I would suggest two would be ideal. More important than another winger if I'm being honest.

Surprised people aren't freaking out more about the center back situation. We've got:
  • Keane
  • Mina - still a big question mark for me considering his limited impact last year and his lack of minutes the past few years in league play
That's it! I'm not even going to include Pennington. We need at least one more to come in, but I would suggest two would be ideal. More important than another winger if I'm being honest.

We'll get one either way, that's why no one is flapping about it

• Keane

We dont need 2.

IMO

We defo need 1 and im very confident 1 will be brought in.

If we bought 2 it would just create more issues, sure we arent sure on Holgate and Gibson is still very young, but I would rather 1 of those was 4th choice than buying somebody just to stick on the bench. Or in the case of 4th choice, not even making squads most weeks.

• Keane
I don't think Holgate is really on the list even. I think we might loan him still.

• Keane
Gbamin can also play CB , i'm not sure if he is really Gana replacement as stated in the media or our new CB as his agent has been quoted as saying that's his best position .

Speaking of defenders, United have just actually agreed £80million for Maguire
Hope that fee doesn’t impact our hunt for a CB

...we need an effective squad, as is often said you need quality on the bench. We already have a lot of big earners on the books but they are ineffective and unused.
Erm, no mate, you need a squad, we will not field the same 11 players all season.

Having big earners on the bench isnt that much of an issue, its when you have big earners sitting around not even making squads.

When have you seen us have an effective squad? Whenever we have had multiple choices the person coming in plays so gash we may as well have thrown in the kids (Think of the league cup game for an example). I agree you need cover for all positions and I like that Delph, Richarlison etc. can play in multiple positions to help with that but with us it has almost always been a case of the more options, the worse the team plays and it doesn't help the morale of the squad. When we started to get injuries and the choices reduced the team played better for it.

If we are in Europe then there is a case for a bigger squad, at this moment I think it is unnecessary. The only reason I can think why we want so many new players is to make use of the year on year increase allowed for wages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back