Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We got new players cos the old 1s werent very good, on the main.

I get what your saying but Silva has shown hes a man who doesnt chop and change for no reason, he will find his best 11 and play it whenever possible.

But people will get injured and suspended, so instead of having to play Tom Davies, no disrespect to TomTom, hes a young lad learning the game, but next time Gomes is out we can stick in Delph or if Rico gets a slight knock we can stick on A.N.Other instead of Walcott.

We dont want a massive squad, we wont have a massive squad come the window end.

We need a Striker - Moise, we need a Gana replacement - Gmblammo, we need a RB, unless you wanna keep Martina? We need a Winger, unless you wanna watch Walcott miss every single chance every week and we DEFO need a Zooms replacement, unless you wanna see Matty Pennington on the pitch?
In fairness Goat, apart from 3 decent centre backs to choose from, Marco didn't have the luxury of quality back up players last season. It's probably why he didn't usually make substitutions until late on either. I think 14/15 quality players will see him be more inclined to mix things up a bit, especially during matches.

In fairness Goat, apart from 3 decent centre backs to choose from, Marco didn't have the luxury of quality back up players last season. It's probably why he didn't usually make substitutions until late on either. I think 14/15 quality players will see him be more inclined to mix things up a bit, especially during matches.

Man City won the title a year back on the back of Fabian Delph playing LB for most of the season.

Footy is a squad game these days.

Gmblammo cannot play centre back and centre mid. Can someone name 1 player in the premier league who could do both? I struggle to think of even 1. Stones, Jagielka are 2 that definitely cannot!
Depends on what you mean by “could do both.” I know people won’t like it but Fabinho filled in for Liverpool decently well at CB at times last year.

Man City won the title a year back on the back of Fabian Delph playing LB for most of the season.

Footy is a squad game these days.
Deffo. City have around 20 quality players. They don't have a huge squad but what they have is all quality.

Delph is now displaying that quality for us, and hopefully Gbamin will do the same. If so, we'll have 4 quality midfielders rather than 3, so Marco will be able to mix it up a bit in that area of the pitch.

So...who’s next?

CB: Zooms, Llorente and Tomori seem to be the linked names
W: Zaha, Neres, Traore, Under and Bowen linked at one time or another
RB: Arias and not much else

Will Brands turn his attention to the above or go to his bag of tricks? Given the amount of time it takes to do things we surely will begin negotiating pronto like.

Have to think we planned on Gbamin and Kean when we made the Zaha bid so there is possibly ~60m to spend (making at least one of those positions a likely loan)

McCarthy and Henry seem likely to be next out the door with the likes of Tosun, Mirallas, Niasse and Bolasie all seemingly off after the English transfer deadline (reek of loans those four - though I could see Tosun kept for depth).

So...who’s next?

CB: Zooms, Llorente and Tomori seem to be the linked names
W: Zaha, Neres, Traore, Under and Bowen linked at one time or another
RB: Arias and not much else

Will Brands turn his attention to the above or go to his bag of tricks? Given the amount of time it takes to do things we surely will begin negotiating pronto like.

Have to think we planned on Gbamin and Kean when we made the Zaha bid so there is possibly ~60m to spend (making on of those positions a likely loan)

McCarthy and Henry seem likely to be next out the door with the likes of Tosun, Mirallas, Niasse and Bolasie all seemingly off after the English transfer deadline (reek of loans those four - though I could see Tosun kept for depth).

None of the above, IMO, Zooms is probably 50/50, but I reckon Brands will pull out his jokers.

Look how left field Gmblammo was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back