Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
When have you seen us have an effective squad? Whenever we have had multiple choices the person coming in plays so gash we may as well have thrown in the kids (Think of the league cup game for an example). I agree you need cover for all positions and I like that Delph, Richarlison etc. can play in multiple positions to help with that but with us it has almost always been a case of the more options, the worse the team plays and it doesn't help the morale of the squad. When we started to get injuries and the choices reduced the team played better for it.

If we are in Europe then there is a case for a bigger squad, at this moment I think it is unnecessary. The only reason I can think why we want so many new players is to make use of the year on year increase allowed for wages.

We got new players cos the old 1s werent very good, on the main.

I get what your saying but Silva has shown hes a man who doesnt chop and change for no reason, he will find his best 11 and play it whenever possible.

But people will get injured and suspended, so instead of having to play Tom Davies, no disrespect to TomTom, hes a young lad learning the game, but next time Gomes is out we can stick in Delph or if Rico gets a slight knock we can stick on A.N.Other instead of Walcott.

We dont want a massive squad, we wont have a massive squad come the window end.

We need a Striker - Moise, we need a Gana replacement - Gmblammo, we need a RB, unless you wanna keep Martina? We need a Winger, unless you wanna watch Walcott miss every single chance every week and we DEFO need a Zooms replacement, unless you wanna see Matty Pennington on the pitch?

We dont need 2.

IMO

We defo need 1 and im very confident 1 will be brought in.

If we bought 2 it would just create more issues, sure we arent sure on Holgate and Gibson is still very young, but I would rather 1 of those was 4th choice than buying somebody just to stick on the bench. Or in the case of 4th choice, not even making squads most weeks.

i just look at the amount of minutes jags played last year and the number 5 centre back ... i honestly can't even remember if we had one now, holgate and williams were on loan, so did we? Jags played a fair few minutes because of mina's injuries, which we hopefully won't have again. Ideally we'd have 5, i'm not sure if holgate is ready yet to be another other than 5th choice, but without european footy it isn't needed imo.

Gmblammo cannot play centre back and centre mid. Can someone name 1 player in the premier league who could do both? I struggle to think of even 1. Stones, Jagielka are 2 that definitely cannot!

Gmblammo cannot play centre back and centre mid. Can someone name 1 player in the premier league who could do both? I struggle to think of even 1. Stones, Jagielka are 2 that definitely cannot!

Be very surprised if he ever played anything other than midfield for us, unless we have a massive injury crisis/lack of form/suspensions.

But we shall see.

He might suit a back 5 like, but back 5s are mostly for teams without wingers.

david luiz the only one, who gbamin does kind of remind me of in style. But it's debatable whether luiz can play any of those positions too well.

true, but always good to have someone who can do a half decent job in an emergency(carrick, fernandinho)

Not at the same time no.

But he has played both roles, and full back, for both club and country in the past. Over the years there have been some world class players that have fulfilled both roles. Marcel Desailly is one that springs to mind.

Now before anybody kicks off I'm not comparing Gbamin to Marcel Desailly, I'm just saying that it is possible to be proficient in both positions. If he is, surely it can only be a good thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back