Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

We need a right winger so bad!
Wtf is going on

Richarlison plays there for us and we have Walcott as cover currently. Doesn’t seem like we need one so badly when Lookman couldn’t get a game for us. I’d say we need a left footer really who could play right or left wing. If Bernard goes down our only option is to move Richarlison over but he seems better on the right.

I haven't posted in a long time, but am lurking and reading on a regular basis. I just want to thank you again for the amazing job you do with the updates. Especially for supporters like me who are far away (in the USA in my case). I agree with someone's suggestion a while back that your updates should have it's own thread. I find myself having to go back about 20 or so pages each day in this thread to look for your updates on a daily basis (due to the time zone difference). It's tedious, so if the moderators could create a separate thread with your daily updates (perhaps too late for this year, but the next) it would be even better. Of course this is a relatively minor inconvenience. Thanks again @Eggs !!!

As for the tranfers... my quick thoughts:

Gana -- clearly wanted out. He did not want to stay, and forcing him to stay wouldn't be beneficial for all parties involved. That's first. Secondly, I've shared my view of him on this board and I don't rate him nearly as much as others. Just one opinion... but he is a total liability going forward in any fashion...

excited about the new kid JPG. I'm not going to pretend like I've watched him, aside from highlights, but he seems to have all the physical attributes, and the correct mindset. More importantly, he's younger and hopefully will not be a liability in either direction (doing the dirty work which Gana was good at, although overrated slightly due to being out of position often, but also going forward at times and having some passing ability). From the highlights, it seems JPG loves long passes, and seems like he's decent at them (like someone posted, the power he generates on those passes seems so effortless).... I've always preferred players who keep the ball on the ground.... this is where Silva comes in, and hopefully he can take the raw abilities of JPG and mold him into a player to fit Silva's system.

I'm excited with the additions of JPG and Delph giving us a lot of formation flexibility. Delph, JPG, and Gomes in a 4-3-3. JPG and Gomes in a 4-2-3-1 (or Delph for either of them really). I also read on here that JPG has/can play CB and RB in emergencies, likewise with Delph at LB. So not just formation flexibility, but both provide position flexibility as well. It's always good to have players who can put in a shift at another position if/when a need arises.

more transfers? Whatever happened to Lozano? I'd still target him. A front 3 of Richarlison, Kean, and Lozano sounds really good to me. I hope Marcel is still working to find a way to get Zouma here permanently in this window, because the trio of Zouma/Mina/Keane was great last season (despite any struggles at times, I think as a trio they were great) and I would LOVE it if Brands can get Zouma again. One of our better players last season, in my opinion. Possibly the next best one (with Siggy) after Digne......

Jesus -- well I don't believe anything needs to be said here... would be huge....

He’s an international team mate isn’t he?
giphy.gif

I would have liked us to have offered saints a swap deal + cash for Lemina.

Say Schnerderlin + £5 million.

They get a direct replacement and we get a good option in the midfield.

Allows us to punt Davies on loan and still have 4 good CM's in the squad.

Would have been good if we could have swapped Morgan, niasse, tuson, bolasie, Walcott , Besic , coco, McCarthy for him plus 5m

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back