Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
True mate however Gbamin may take a few months to get upto speed with the Prem and Delph is a tidy player but nothing magical and is pretty injury prone.

I think if Docoure came in it would allow us to slowly introduce Gbamin whilst at the same time adjusting the style of our midfield when required.

I like Mina alot but dont think him and Keane are suited together - I think both thrive more with a pacey CB alongside them.

The good thing about Kean and Zaha is that we can play a little deeper and use their pace. This should benefit Keane and Mina.

Zaha opinion is similar to paying 50 mil for richsrlison last year and that worked out well I also think zaha has proven himself in Orem more than richarlison had before we paid.a lot of money for him also city and RS both tore teams apart with front 3 why can't we

Only issue.. and it's not a small one, is that Richy's value can go up massively still and already has. No way Zaha's value will ever go up more than what Palace are currently asking. He's in his prime and unless we sell within a year or 2 unlikely to break even on the cash flow let alone the book value.

Big team buy players in their prime.. its not a big deal cos it ensures success. Its a show of real intent but does come with a huge downside if he doesn't perform to recoup the outlay.

Zaha’s Stats are really not all that, for £65m or whatever it is you’d want someone to come in and drag this squad up to the next level, he’s not good enough to do that in my opinion.

For a supposed signature summer signing I’d find it a little bit meh.
If he does come mate, and at this moment I still believe it is a very big if, give it a couple of months and revisit this post.

I think he'd be absolutely brilliant for us. A front 3 of him, Kean and Richy will be frightening.

When Tyrone Mings is going for 20 million, and Maguire is going for 85 million, then you are in a market where the genuine value of someone like Zaha is about 65 million. We wouldn't be overpaying in the slightest imo.

We got 50 million for John Stones several years ago. We paid 30 million for Lukaku several years ago. We've also spunked away a combined 60 million on absolute dross like Tosun, Klaassen and Bolasie during that time.

65 million for a player like Zaha is a fair price in this day and age.

Wilfred Zaha expects to be at Everton by the end of this transfer window, sources close to the situation have told The Independent, as the Merseyside club attempts to work a deal with Crystal Palace FC.
It is understood the Selhurst Park hierarchy will accept a bid of £65m so long as the money is up front. Although no fee is yet agreed, sources maintain Everton are willing to submit such a bid but are still working on the structure of any such offer.

The 26-year-old has made it clear to Palace that he wants to leave this window to further his career, with the club now all but resigned to selling him. Zaha's first choice was Arsenal, but they wanted to make a bid that involved instalments, something Palace would not agree. That - along with the player's wage demands - ultimately put Arsenal off, and saw them move for Lille's Nicolas Pepe instead.

I'd be OK with Zaha now we have Kean. I still don't think it's a great signing, but he'd be part of a very frightening forward line and provide a different option.

One thing to note as well - Zaha and Kean have the right athleticism, pace and trickery to make Sigurdsson significantly more effective in the final third as part of a unit, as he will be afforded a lot more space.

Only issue.. and it's not a small one, is that Richy's value can go up massively still and already has. No way Zaha's value will ever go up more than what Palace are currently asking. He's in his prime and unless we sell within a year or 2 unlikely to break even on the cash flow let alone the book value.

Big team buy players in their prime.. its not a big deal cos it ensures success. Its a show of real intent but does come with a huge downside if he doesn't perform to recoup the outlay.

If all of our signings were like that then I'd worry. The fact it's only really Delph and potentially Zaha means I don't care in the slightest. You need a few players in their prime/that offer leadership, far more important than worrying about balancing the books (which is obviously important, but not the be all end all). I don't doubt he'd be a success if he comes here, excellent player who is a different player to the one that rocked up at united.

Unlike Bolasie, I think the maximum risk with Zaha is that he'll be merely OK. I can't see him being outright dreadful, in much the same way as honestly I can't see him being amazing either, but yeah, it's not as stupid a signing as Bolasie was, as all you needed was a pair of functioning eyes and not rely solely on Match of the Day for your football scouting to realise how bad he was at Palace.

He I thought that looking at age difference but if zaha continues to improve and maybe goes to salah level price will go up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back