Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Twice as effective!!! 26 goals and 12 assists here we come!!! :drunk:

I'd expect less goals but notably more assists, as well as being a lot more effective in general play rather than having the odd inspirational moment.

I know people seem to be happy with Sigurdsson but I personally think he's been... well, bad. I'm prepared to wait and see if that's just because of the squad being thin and lacking balance rather than just because of him.

It's not like Maguire going for 80m means I am worth 1m though - it's just that Utd didn't think they could find a better defender / leader - demand is high and supply low. It's like there is a really steep curve on the quality side where cost goes up very quickly above a certain level.

Still, when Sigurdsson was 45m it seemed crazy - but there is a guaranteed goal return and you pay for that now.

I wonder if we got Zaha whether Richy would move on down the line to balance the books, I guess that sort is the sort of hedging that goes on.

Even with all the signings I think we are still looking at a 2 year project to be top 4 and hopefully the chance we earned in 85 to move this club to the elite level we deserve

I'd expect less goals but notably more assists, as well as being a lot more effective in general play rather than having the odd inspirational moment.

I know people seem to be happy with Sigurdsson but I personally think he's been... well, bad. I'm prepared to wait and see if that's just because of the squad being thin and lacking balance rather than just because of him.
Hmm.

I think he was good overall last season. His work off the ball is probably the main reason why Silva wants to stick - or has so far at least - with the 4-2-3-1. Gylfi pressing up as a second striker is what can put teams on the back foot. He's not the quickest, but closes space down quickly, and if you have quick players around him, he has the ability to not only press and free them up, but find them too.

I know the bloke gets dead weird about it, but that Iceland Statto's vid just showed how many gilt-edged chances he created last year - in the main for Walcott, because for all Theo's faults, his movement in those scenarios is good. He could easily have hit 11-12 assists.

Anyway, Zaha would massively improve us. Worth the money. NEA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back