Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing that comes to mind as a possibility is we agreed to that statement to allow Palace the ability to try to do the rest of their business without the burden of other clubs knowing they just received a ~60m windfall. It would be a Brands type of move. You will note that their interest in McCarthy disappeared at the same time. It could be feasible that a deal was struck with an agreement not to conclude until the end of the window. Everton gets Zaha, Palace gets McCarthy and money.

All I know is that it is all interesting and I am much more able to enjoy this week knowing at least Gbamin and Kean are in the fold.

The continual realisation that Brands is a smooth operator gives me naughty tingles

Need a CB and RB first.....and a back-up to Kean......can see your point though.
Disagree mate. I concur that we do need a quality CB to replace Zouma in the squad, and arguably back up RB too. But Gbamin can cover both positions if need be and we also have Holgate as 4th choice who isn't as bad as some like to make out.

But since we got rid of Lookman we only have Walcott as back up wide man, and if any one of them gets injured then we'll have a bench with no width at all and that would be a disaster. That has to be addressed first IMO. Hopefully we end up with all of them so it doesn't matter.

tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back